Scams on Texas Gun Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scams on Texas Gun Trader

If you are like me and watch Texas Gun Trader for whatever it is you like BEWARE !!!!!!
    In the last few days it has been loaded up with hundreds of scam ads offering all kinds of pretties priced too low. Sellers/scammers just joined in the last few days and all want to ship and you pay PP, Venmo etc.
    No clue who runs that site but they need better Mods for sure.

Beware!

Never would I ever look much less buy any anything from there.

Comment

A few tips:

Check how long they have been a member
      Click the little IP locater icon. It will tell you the area the ad was posted. Most of the scams are posted from locations not even in Texas, much less the area it is advertised.
      If the price sounds too good to be true, it is
      Never buy a gun from someone you don't know unless in person. Period.
      Meet somewhere very public.
      Ask the person to text a pic of their DL and/or their CHL so you know who you are meeting

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
        A few tips:

Click the little IP locater icon. It will tell you the area the ad was posted. Most of the scams are posted from locations not even in Texas, much less the area it is advertised.
        Ask the person to text a pic of their DL and/or their CHL so you know who you are meeting
        Yep. I ask for a picture of the seller holding the gun and a picture of their DL.
        Must all match or it's a hard NO.
        Had one send me a picture of someone else's DL but "could only take the gun out of the safe to ship" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
          Never would I ever look much less buy any anything from there.
          I check it often and have found some nice guns on there.

Comment

I worked a trade recently for some ammo. We met face to face half way from our locations. Nice guy. Just make sure you do face to face and don’t trade any money until you hold the merchandise. Don’t ban the whole site because of some scammers. Demand face to face for trades or purchases. Meet in a public place like a box store parking lot.

Comment

I've bought and sold there but it's been a while. All went smooth. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                I worked a trade recently for some ammo. We met face to face half way from our locations. Nice guy. Just make sure you do face to face and don’t trade any money until you hold the merchandise. Don’t ban the whole site because of some scammers. Demand face to face for trades or purchases. Meet in a public place like a box store parking lot.
                I like the site and buy something time to time. Face to face is best for sure.

Comment

Ive and bought several guns....but always f2f!

Comment

Scammers are every where!!!

A bunch on Airgun sites that use the exact post from someone on a different site.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      Scammers are every where!!!

A bunch on Airgun sites that use the exact post from someone on a different site.
                      That's what they are doing on TGT.

Comment

Ive bought and sold on TGT. Like others have said, FTF with Cash, and if sounds sketchy treat it as such and walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

treat it like craigslist and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                            A few tips:

This is silly. Just use common sense.

Comment

I have bought stuff on there but it's always been face to face, I would never send Money to an individual selling on there Nor would I send money to a business selling on there,Face to face only

Comment

Working...
                              X