No announcement yet.

Fair or Unfair? Discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Canadian govt. didn't acquire the land prior to building the lakes and he bought all the 'property' rights, he just has land with a couple of ponds on it. The land was in a deed before having the lakes built.

I have deeded property that has a county rd. that crosses one corner. The county has a ROW that was negotiated way before I purchased said property. I appealed to the appraisal district and don't pay taxes on that 2 ac. ROW, but the land/dirt is still in my name on record at the court house.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      long as my allowance comes in
      Man she is bad news. Now Annie? Different story. Of course she is only worth 14 billion or so. Not really rich like Alice.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
        Folks have access, by float plane, not uncommon in Canada

I don’t know Canada law but public means public; all of the public not just the ones wealthy enough to own a float plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I don’t know Canada law but public means public; all of the public not just the ones wealthy enough to own a float plane.

Unfortunately public does not mean public.
          Lots of land in Colorado and New Mexico and I’m sure plenty of other places that is surrounded by private. I have experience with a land owner trying to scare me out of $1500. They get free land and you and I get to pay for it

Comment

Interesting case— can’t decide. I don’t think I know enough about it.

Comment

It’s legal, it’s fair, next?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I bet taxpayers didn't pay much to build these lakes. I'd assume they're natural.

Also, taxpayers pay for 10's of thousands of lakes to be stocked with fish and many are never fished. And they restock each year. So just take those lakes off the list.

Taxpayers are not out much money is my guess. It's just trying to make it appear a rich man took something. Name one person on TBH that would like to own 100% of the land around a lake or pond and have the court tell them they have to allow access for fishermen. I'll wait.
                If it was regarded as public when I bought a place, I wouldn’t mind if access continued.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Unfortunately public does not mean public.

Lots of land in Colorado and New Mexico and I’m sure plenty of other places that is surrounded by private. I have experience with a land owner trying to scare me out of $1500. They get free land and you and I get to pay for it

I’m not saying that’s how it is, I’m saying that’s how it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I’m not saying that’s how it is, I’m saying that’s how it should be.

Agreed

Comment

Fair. He owns the land around the lakes. Canada could take some land if it wanted to by eminent domain.
                      BTW, I hate eminent domain.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        Why didn't the government ensure access to the lakes when developing them in the beginning? They should have known better.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
                        at the end of the day the gubb-ment screwed this one up! An easement/roadway would be the best compromise at this point. I've hunted many properties that had an easement/roadway to get to a landlocked pasture or ranch. The rule being don't get out of your vehicle or off the road or you are trespassing private property.
                        On one such place you went through a locked gate then it had a fence on both sides of a two track "road" that was located along a property line for about 2 miles that led to a another locked ranch gate.

Comment

Well, I bet the Prince of Poachers could figure out a way to get there and fish!!

Comment

Working...
                          X