No announcement yet.

What a trip!! Can't smell a thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you cant tast and smell for long periods of time do you end up losing weight?

Comment

I was 4 weeks without any taste/smell (Nov 3rd symptoms started) and still not up to snuff in that department. Lost 15 lbs in the two weeks quarantine with the Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
        yup. i caught it nov 9. my smell/taste still on/off, and way out of wack..
        Same for me, I had it first part of December.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          So if you cant tast and smell for long periods of time do you end up losing weight?
          One of my good friends had it in October. He still can't taste or smell. He was a saltaholic before, but now he's way over the top with salting foods

Comment

I wonder what causes those senses to shut down?!?!

Some of these responses are hilarious. lol

Comment

Well that's how the lab engineered it

Comment

Have a friend that had it back of June of last year. He tells me his hasn’t been able to smell since then. I bet there are quite of few side effects with COVID we haven’t heard of yet. The worst one has something to do with blot clots.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                  I wonder what causes those senses to shut down?!?!

Some of these responses are hilarious. lol

I read that the virus destroys the epithelial cells that are associated with taste and smell. But I think there was also data showing the damage was done in the central nervous system area called the olfactory lobe. Truth be told... I bet they don’t know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter picked it up the first week at school in September. She just started getting her smell and taste back about two weeks ago. Its not completely back but just glad it’s coming back. She would add chlorine to the pool with me and sniff to the point I would make her quit because it could not be healthy.

Comment

Wife and I had it in December. Had chills and tired for a couple of days, and then nothing else THANK GOODNESS. Have a friend that caught it along with four of her family members, and she is the only one still alive. Four of them, her mother, her husband, her brother and his wife all have died in past four weeks.

I went and got my first shot of vaccine today.

Comment

I'll take taste and smell over death any day. My uncle uncle just passed.

Comment

I could not smell anything at all and could only taste salt or sweet. Nothing more. Most everything I ate tasted way too salty. And sweet stuff was just sweet. No flavor other than just sweet. All sweets tasted just the same whether it was chocolate or peppermint candy, or anything else, it all tasted identical.

The biggest mind trip for me was coffee. I like hot black coffee a whole lot. First morning after losing smell and taste I made a pot of coffee. Grabbed a cup and it tasted just like I was drinking hot water straight out of the tap. I could neither smell or taste anything when I drank strong black coffee. My mind could not make that compute.

Comment

Actually......loss of taste and smell is NOT a symptom of Coronavirus, it's a symptom of radiation poisoning.

This same type of this poisoning, caused thousands of issues and deaths among people, when they rolled out weather radar, pagers, cell phones, 3G, 4G and now 5G.

The very first place to have 5G rolled out on the planet......Wuhan, China.
                            Last edited by RLB; 03-08-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Wait. This sounds serious. I thought everyone believed this is just a government conspiracy.

In all seriousness, prayers for all those and their families that get it and for a quick and full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                The upside to not being able to smell is it will make you a better lover.
                                Lol I was thinking the same way. Oh but I need to bath oh it's okay hunny

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X