X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion – 4 of 7
    "WHEN YOU TAKE"

(Weekly Reading>>Exodus 30:11-34:35, 1 Kings 18:20-39, 2 Corinthians 3:1-18)

Bezalel and Oholiah
    (Exodus 31:1-11)

The appointment of those who would be in charge of completing the design of the tabernacle was given to Bezalel from the tribe of Judah and his assistant Oholiah from the tribe of Dan. There will always be two witnesses of the Messiah. Effectively these two men represented the two Houses of Israel: House of Judah and House of Israel. Yahweh gifted these two men to oversee and work the intricate designs of the tabernacle from the fabric design to the design of the furniture.
    • Bezalel (Strong’s H01212) means: in the shadow (protection) of El (God).
    • Oholiah (Strong’s H0171) means: father’s tent.

Together their names mean “In the shadow of God [in] the Father’s tent.”

The Sabbath

Exodus 31:12-17 “And Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am Yahweh who sanctifies you [Who makes you holy] . You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to Yahweh. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 'It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’”

What is the Sabbath?

Creation: There are seven days of Creation called Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 and The Seventh Day, a day of rest. Rest in Hebrew is shabbat from where we get the Sabbath day. We are told in Psalms 90:4 and in 2 Peter 3:8 that a day is as a thousand years, thus the days of creation in Hebrew are also seen as years 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 and 7000 years.

Millennial means seven thousand from where we get the millennial kingdom, the Messianic Era, the Day of the Lord and in that day. On the 7th day Yahweh rested, or, on the 7000th year period of time, was the era of Yahweh’s Sabbath. In Hebrews 4:1-10 we are told we are heading to a Sabbath-rest…in our day . When we walk in Spirit (Yeshua) and Truth (the Gospel / Torah) we are going back to the Garden – resting/Shabbat ing.

Today on the Biblical Hebrew calendar we are in the year 5779/2019. There are approx 270 missing years, which bring us to about the year 6019. In Hebrew understanding, any year beyond the year 6000 is entering into the 7000 year. Thus today , we are in the end times, the Age of the Messiah , where Torah (the Age of Law) and Messiah (the Church Age) join together to become one in His people. There has never been a time like it since Mount Sinai where the people of Yahweh, who are believers in Yeshua the Messiah, desire to walk in Torah.

Hebrews 4:1-11 “Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest [Sabbath/Messianic Era], let us fear [obey our Marriage Covenant] lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel [Mosaic Covenant] was preached to us as well as to them [all twelve tribes of Israel at Mt. Sinai including those who choose to sojourn with them]; but the word, which they heard, did not profit them, not being mixed with faith [Obedience to up hold His Marriage Covenant(Matt 8:8-10)] in those who heard it . For we [the Bride] who have believed [walk in obedience to the Marriage Covenant] do enter that rest [Sabbath/Messianic Era rest], as He has said: ‘So I swore in My wrath, “They [the disobedient Bride/Foolish Virgins whom hear but do not do(Matt 7:24-26, Matt 25:1-12] shall not enter My rest," ’ although the works [of the Bridegroom] were finished from the foundation of the world[Revelation 13:8]. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day[Messianic Era] in this way: ‘And God rested on the seventh day from all His works;’ and again in this place : ‘They shall not enter My rest.’

“Since therefore it [the Sabbath rest/7000 Messianic Era] remains that some [believers] must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of DISOBEDIENCE [to Yeshua’s commandments/Wedding Covenant], again He designates a certain day [re-newed the Marriage Covenant], saying in David [reference to the Davidic Covenant which is made in the order of Melchizedek - raising up Kings and Priests], Today, after such a long time, as it has been said: ‘Today [those in Messiah who walk in His Kingship and Kingdom], if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest [for those who were brought up under the Age of Law (law with no Spirit) and those who were brought up under the Church Age (Spirit and no law) that both Ages are now joined (Law and Spirit) in the Messianic Age] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of DISOBEDIENCE.”

Saturday [Shabbat] in other Languages:

Arabic: Sabet

Armenian: Shabat

Bosnian: Subota

Bulgarian: Sabota

Corsican: Sàbatu

Croatian: Subota

Czech: Sobota

Georgian: Sabati

Greek: Savvato

Indonesian: Sabtu

Italian: Sabato