No announcement yet.

Anxiety help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tylenol kicks in within forty minutes, dulls emotions, and is cheap and fairly safe.

Poor mans Meth
    Last edited by Johnny44; 02-14-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Been there. Took medication in college but it didn't help. Had terrible sleeping disorder on top of it too. What does help is coming to the realization that anxiety is triggered by thinking about the future, and the things that might go wrong. Learn to focus on the present and work on the things you can control now. It will make you feel better about the things you can't control later.
      Unfriend / unfollow anyone in your life or on social media that triggers negative thoughts. You don't need that in your life.
      Make more time for hobbies that interest you and that you are good at.
      Exercise helps because it can make you feel better all over. Although when I'm really upset about something it's hard to get motivated to work out. I have to be in the right mindset to push myself through a good work out. And it's hard to get there when the mind is cloudy with negative thoughts. When I'm having trouble with motivation I usually just do cardio or yoga because I don't have to push myself as hard but still get the benefit of exercise. Or I make a deal with myself - work out for 20 minutes and if I still feel crappy after 20 minutes, I allow myself to stop for the day. If I feel good at 20 minutes, I push myself through another 10 or 15. 95% of the time I don't stop at 20.
      Good luck

Comment

Take the Tylenol, exercise, and think the anxiety trigger all the way through until the end.

If you are afraid of financial collapse, think about yourself in the worst case scenario

Afraid of death, think about the moment of death

And so forth

Comment

Hang in there buddy. I’ve been there also. The meds def help. They take a little time but they will work. Prayers for you! Keep the Faith in the LORD!!!

Comment

Oh man I hate to hear what your going through.I’ve been very ill the last few years wife divorced me a year ago my work abilities were affected by sickness so money was cut in half then COVID and reduced business,the Rocky man spotted fever reeked havoc on my brain and emotions. Prayer,exercise bible reading and trying to still help others has been getting me through.I’m lucky to have some good friends who gave me awesome support and backed me 100 and ten percent.Pour your heart out to your confidants don’t keep it bottled up allow yourself to be helped there will be plenty of opportunity to return the favor as time goes on.I got really bad of mentally suicidal cravings were daily I had extreme chemical imbalances and absences it took a bit docs finally figured out how to help.Just hang in there at all cost it will be ok! There are a lot of great suggestions on here remember your Heavenly Father Jehovah he will sustain you and provide what you need,cling to him and meditate and pray in the power of Jesus name.I appreciate 1Peter 4:6-11 and Luke 12:6,7 when I’m stressed or distressed.Work in harmony with your prayers stay busy.Hang in there brother you are in our prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
              Like a lot of other guys said, get out and exercise, or just get out and do something. Just getting outside and moving around helps

Focus on one think at a time one day at a time

The worse thing you can do is nothing. You’ve got to dust yourself off and get it done, one piece at a time and one day at a time.

Don’t depend on medicine to fix it. It may help and it may not. There are people in the world who love you and will help you. But you have to communicate with them and help them help you.

I have anxiety all the time. I just force myself to push thru it. People in life have pushed for me and every time I get overwhelmed I remember it and it inspires me to push for myself.

This seems like the best advise one could give...find relaxation in the things u love to do.....go wet a line or sit in the woods....I know thats what I do want to do every chance I get....unfortunately executing it is the part that gives me anxiety when mother nature, work, or fatherhood doesn't allow it to all fall into place....

Comment

Sorry man. Hope it works out!

Comment

I'm praying for you sir. I have really bad anxiety that is helped by prescription medication, but even so I have my days where it just seems overwhelming. Even with the medications, I still get the occasional panic attack. When I'm home from working offshore, I talk to a professional therapist, still see my doctor about the anxiety medication and rely on my faith in God to see me through it all. I will include you in my prayers tonight and remember all will be taken care of in God's Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                    Telling people to throw their pills in the trash is the most ignorant thing i have read on here , worst advise ever. You have know idea what medication was prescribed for what mental issue.
                    Seems like he was pretty clear, anxiety. In a lot of medical professionals opinion the Most over medicated conditions in the world. I think your post is a little harsh. Speak with your doctor before throwing them in the trash. Have a great day buddy, it will get better!

Comment

Hey man. Get with a Dr. that will do a genetics test BEFORE they prescribe anything else!

it can show which lineage of medicine your body can take (and those you are down right allergic to). We dont want to exacerbate your struggles.

The above suggestions are good. It will take a mixture of all the above, but those medications are harsh and it's easy to make it worse.

Good luck, remember, that anxiety cant kill you. No matter what your heart and mind are saying.

Comment

I have been in your shoes. I lost a good paying job due to depression and anxiety and was unemployed for 11 months. All with a wife of only 3 years and a newborn child. Looking back, we only made it thru by the grace of God. Keep praying. I will pray for you as well but when you think you have prayed enough pray some more.
                        Find a good psychiatrist/psychologist or someone to talk to. If you don’t like them find another that you do like. I questioned whether my medication was working as well and then found a psychiatrist that did the genetic testing like others have mentioned and he lined me out. Go see them and tell them everything as often as you think you need whether that be once a week or once a month.
                        Diet is important as well like others on here have said. First and foremost if you are drinking you have to limit that or cut it out completely. Caffeine was the biggy for me that often goes unnoticed. When I cut out the ton of caffeine I was drinking daily I noticed a change.
                        Above all know that this is only temporary—you WILL get better. There are so many people out there and on this website willing to help. If you’d like to PM me I will give you my number if you ever need to talk.

Comment

I had anxiety and didnt even know it lol. I've since gotten better at recognizing it. I'd just hard nose through it before, until it felt like a heart attack and laughed at the docs when they said no you have anxiety and stress. Sometimes we have to hard nose it, but should try to help ourselves. Exercise, not just running, lifting too. Lifting helps our body actually be more capable of handling the cortisol/insulin fluctuations, cardio kind of helps our capacity and regulation of it. I wasnt lifting, but was running 5-10 miles regularly, with lots of coffee. I didnt think how I was spiking cortisol. Then i worked on strerching/doing yoga. That's been a total game changer for me for stress. Then what everyone above had to say about getting with God.

Comment

The meds only do half the job. Without retraining your brain through some form of guided therapy, when you quit taking the meds, nothing has changed.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. could use some answers/PM's too

Comment

I know the feeling all too well. I’m still trying to figure it all out myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X