Sausage Making Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage Making Question

Gonna make my sausage next weekend. Have about 40# of whitetail venison and 11 # of axis, it will be mixed with some pork and I am using the same recipe for all of it. It would be a lot easier to mix all the venison together and make one batch of sausage.
    Question is, would there be that big of a flavor difference between the whitetail and the axis sausage? Is it worth keeping the axis its own batch?
    Im thinking when its all said and done, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    Thoughts???

Won’t be able to tell

Comment

You won’t be able to tell... if you have 11lbs of axis, go get an 11lb brisket and do a 50/50 axis burger with brisket. I usually do a whole axis that way every year. Just an idea...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
        You won’t be able to tell... if you have 11lbs of axis, go get an 11lb brisket and do a 50/50 axis burger with brisket. I usually do a whole axis that way every year. Just an idea...
        Good idea, I know I said pork in my post, but I like brisket too. May do all brisket, no pork.

Comment

No difference. It’s sausage. All the spices and preservatives you add in there make all the meat taste the same.

Case in point, last weekend we made all our sausage for the year, 70lbs of venison and 40lbs moose (both 70/30 with pork and same recipe) and I can’t tell a difference.

Comment

Agreed that you will not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              Won’t be able to tell
              ^^^^^^^this!!!! with all the flavoring and other ingredients mixed in you wont tell a difference.

Comment

Thank for the help GS

Comment

Mix it all together and enjoy.

Comment

Mix it all up and go. If you still have curiosity unresolved then keep separate and treat everything else the same, then come back and let us know if you notice any different.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                      Good idea, I know I said pork in my post, but I like brisket too. May do all brisket, no pork.

I should have clarified... I make all my sausage with the white tail/pork. I make strictly burger with axis/brisket. I can pm you a very good sausage recipe.

Comment

Make sure you add some fat.

Comment

I would make axis 80% 20 % brisket or pork hamburger and deer 60% pork 40 % for sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                            I should have clarified... I make all my sausage with the white tail/pork. I make strictly burger with axis/brisket. I can pm you a very good sausage recipe.
                            Do share I like trying different recipes.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help
                              Last edited by texashunter; 02-12-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X