Bump gates with UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump gates with UTV

I have recently bought a can am defender and I am wanting something to put in the receiver hitch on the front bumper to open bump gates with. Is there something out there I can buy to mount in the receiver to open the gates with? I don’t have a welder or know how to weld or I would fabricate something myself. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

Weathertech makes a "step" that is designed to go into the rear receiver hitch on trucks. That would work perfect for that application. It is hard rubber coated or something like that. Would keep the gate off your new front end. You may have to turn it so the step is vertical instead of normal sideways if the bump gate is a plank gate with gaps in it. Wouldn't do any good to have that step go between the planks on the gate...

Comment

That is a great idea! Thank you.

Comment

Oh and nice buggy by the way!!

Comment

no help here, but which model buggy is that? I'm looking for a can am

Comment

Id just rig up something with a 2 x 4 and a blank receiver hitch or piece of 2" square tubing.

Comment

Weather Tech bump step.

Comment

I've seen this one used.
                Attached Files

Comment

If aesthetics don't matter, I used to strap an old tire around the bumper. Very quiet that way too

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                    If aesthetics don't matter, I used to strap an old tire around the bumper. Very quiet that way too
                    Good idea or a slab of carpet.

Comment

Man, I could fab something up for you, but you’re like....8,000 miles away from me. Gotta love Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd just go thru with that metal bumper on the front, it can handle it.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. It’s a Can-am defender DPS. So far I am loving it. I believe everything is far away living in west tx. Lol I believe the bumper step is going to work just fine! Thanks again everyone.

Comment

I thought welding was a requirement for living in west tx. Lol
                            Looks like the step should work for you. Nice ride!

Comment

Believe me not knowing how to weld out here has been a huge pain in the neck! I do a lot of carpentry work but never learned metal work. I’m pretty excited to see how this machine performs. It should be a good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X