looking for getaway ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for getaway ideas

DW has been busting her butt on a nurse practitioner degree for the last 18 months. She will be doing 3 12hr night shifts for the next 5 weeks and deserves a getaway in when she gets a break in April. So im looking for ideas. I would love to do an all inclusive in Playa but we dont have that kinda of budget. Fredericksburg is where we would usually escape to but we kind of wore it out last yr. So if yall could throw out some ideas, id appreciate it.

In for advice

Comment

What do ya'll like to do?
      Within driving of DFW, Broken Bow is awesome, Caddo Lake has some cool spots, VRBOs throughout the Hill Country, Big Bend if you want a little farther. The Gulf Coast of FL is popular, although LA has better fishing and is closer.
      For flying- we go to CO a bunch- 90 min flight from Love to Denver and pick a spot. Phoenix is about 2 hours on SW- lots to do in Arizona.
      We are going on a spring break trip to Moab UT in a few months to do Arches and Canyonlands NP. Also options if you don't mind driving a ways.
      Last edited by Charrison; 01-26-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Check out Travelocity you can get a 4 night stay at an all inclusive in Cancun for less than 500 a person and that includes roundtrip airfare!

Comment

In for ideas. My wife is doing the same thing and needs a break in April also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Flights are cheap right now, if you're lucky you can find a flight to Denver at right around $100. From Denver into Breckenridge is an easy drive depending on what day you come in I-70 can get insane. I can assure you if you go to Breck, you'll have plenty of stuff to keep you busy. Only downside is lodging in that area can be very pricey.

Comment

Ylang Ylang - Montezuma Costa Rico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got back - heck of a beach and great food.

Comment

I second Broken Bow. It's about a 6 hr drive for you with plenty to do, or not- just kick back and relax. Plenty of cabins in all price ranges

Comment

Cabo prices are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
                    I second Broken Bow. It's about a 6 hr drive for you with plenty to do, or not- just kick back and relax. Plenty of cabins in all price ranges
                    This right here. We went in thanksgiving and already planning on going back

Comment

Thanks guys. I think we are leaning towards an Airbnb on lake Travis.

Comment

Google Gastons on the river

Comment

Port A and sit on the beach, or Panama City and do the same. Know a place in Port A that's two blocks from the beach for $100 a night

Comment

Working...
                          X