308 will always be one of the most common calibers

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
      308 will always be one of the most common calibers

And it’s a NATO round[emoji2957]

From my Make Believe World

Comment

308 is good
        Last edited by Johnny44; 01-21-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I bought a new caliber in December and have been hunting ammo ever since.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 308

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Just buy what you want. 308 is a great round. I have 243’s, 270’s, 308’s, and 20 gauge rifled slug guns I hunt with. I have grown tired of people saying they can’t find hunting ammo. It’s out there. You just have to do your homework. I have plenty of Remington, Winchester, and Federal for the above calibers. Most was bought in 2019, 2020, and recently sabot slugs. All normal retail pricing. Don’t let the ammo boogie monsters scare you.
              Agreed, 308 is a great round. I've had good luck with ammo seek. I've always had good luck finding ammo at the ma and pa stores as well.

Comment

Stock up on calibers so you can shoot whatever ammo you can find

Comment

If you can afford it, go for it. Ammo will come back around eventually!

Comment

Buy everything you can afford...No second thoughts...

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      I’m aching over a 257 Weatherby, but until I reach a comfort level with reloading components for my existing guns, I am hesitant to buy another caliber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Take the plunge, get the 257 Roy..... you won't be sorry. Buy you 4 or 5 boxes of factory & by the time you shoo those up you should be well versed in your reloading

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                        Take the plunge, get the 257 Roy..... you won't be sorry. Buy you 4 or 5 boxes of factory & by the time you shoo those up you should be well versed in your reloading

Oh I’m well versed. It’s more of an inventory and component availability issue. I’m close though.

I had a Mark V Ultramark 257 years ago, and I’ve also had an Ultralight. Neither shot all that great, but there’s an Accumark available that I’m drooling over, and every single one of those that I’ve shot has been really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

He who dies with the most toys wins. Buy it!

Comment

Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't have a .308 in the house before a couple of months ago but I started buying ammo before that. I thought about a 6.5 PRC but it's been hard to find. I still find .308 on occasion that is high but not nearly as high as I see some folks are paying.

Comment

The ammo shortage will come to an end unless something crazy happens. We have had shortages before. it might be a year but it'll end. If you want a .308 buy it. I bet you will be able to scrounge up enough ammo to get to go try it out. You just have to be looking and ready like on the classifieds. it comes up here and there. Or just post and ask for some, I bet there are some folks on here who'd help you out with a box or two.

The good thing about a .308 is they make a ton of ammo for 'em. It'll likely be one of the first back in stock as we come out of this ammo shortage because it's one of the most popular chamberings.

Comment

Working...
                                X