Hunter killed by Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter killed by Elk

An Oregon man was killed by a charging elk while archery hunting on Sunday after the animal charged and gored him in the neck with its antlers, according to authorities.

Massive animals for sure, sad.

Comment

Really tragic outcome.

Comment

Man when I clicked the link and realize the meat was donated to the local jail, I had to do a double-take, And re-read! Terrible deal.

Comment

Heck,if you're an elk hunter;what a way to go out..Probably only a handful of people killed by an elk.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife grew up in that area, we went there about seven years ago. That's some beautiful country, we got to see elk while we were there. I got a little bit of education on the elk in that part of the state. The elk they have in that area are Roosevelt Elk, which are smaller than Rocky Mountain Elk. But still big animals and potentially dangerous.

Not far outside of Tillamook, south of town on the main highway that runs north and south. There is a ranch, that has a big elk heard. Everyone around the area knows of the guy who owns that ranch and that heard. There are some big elk in that heard. My first thought, when I read this story last night, was I wonder if this happened on that ranch.

Sad story, but it does happen at times, luckily not often.

Comment

I'd much rather die like that than wearing diapers in a nursing home.

Comment

Sometimes the critters win.

Comment

To quote Patrick Swayze’s character, Bodi, from the best movie of all time, Point Break, “It’s not tragic to die while doing something you love”.

May they both Rest In Peace. Prayers to the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                    To quote Patrick Swayze’s character, Bodi, from the best movie of all time, Point Break, “It’s not tragic to die while doing something you love”.

May they both Rest In Peace. Prayers to the family.
                    True.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me guess, there are all kinds of posts on that site saying he deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        Let me guess, there are all kinds of posts on that site saying he deserved it.
                        you be right

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            you be right
                            Foxnews.com is infested with leftist idiots and tolls, but there are a nauseating number of conservatives there who hate hunters.

Comment

Sad, but it’s a risk we as hunters take.

Comment

Working...
                              X