This old bow

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00523 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	25079597

For years and years my most favorite " Go To" bow was my 64# SAX
    It has traveled all over the world. It never let me down..... Ever

I bought a new PSR a few years ago and have been doing most all of my hunting with it.
    The 64 hung in my closet along with 7 or 8 other Black Widows but it really bothered me that this one was not being hunted with.
    I decided about a year ago that I needed to find some one who would hunt with it but it couldn't just be any one. It needed to be someone who burned with the passion for bow hunting the way I did in my youth, anything less was unfair to this bow. This one is special. As I cleaned it up and set the brace height, I started thinking about what all this bow had been through.
    While most of the bow is a nice satin finish the grip is polished to a gleam from countless hours in my back yard shooting thousands of arrows trying to learn to prefect a sport that can not be perfected.
    It has won 3-D shoots in 5 states and on 2 continents.
    It has killed some of the coolest creatures on the earth but was just as happy to kill a sack of squirrels or rabbits.
    It has set 5 days in a icy rain in the far North country and then put a Arrow right where I wanted. Not a little high or low but "Right there".

It has been to Africa 4 or 5 times and I have never lost an animal I shot over there with it.

It has humped the Mountains in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Montana and Wyoming. Killing some really nice Mule deer but more importantly, hundreds of moss covered stumps or clumps of grass or most anything else that caught my eye.
    It has killed countless Hogs and Deer and a few sheep that I didn't really want to shoot but couldn't stop from shooting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	squirrel.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	25079598

I passed this bow on today to a fellow that I believe will do the bow justice.
    I told him it was special weapon and to put it to use.
    I truly believe it will make him proud.
    It always has me

A couple of Videos of this bow doing what it does

Last edited by Buff; 02-07-2016, 07:02 PM.

You sure you passed on a bow and not a child? Nice write up

Comment

Wow - that is a real honor for whoever will be shooting it now. I hope he understands the legacy that is being handed down and is up to the task of carrying it forward.

Comment

Very awesome gesture Marty, that is one lucky fellow. I really enjoyed hearing more of your
        Hunting stories yesterday. An honor to share your company again. And a top notch move by you. As Jerp said, that is a heck of a task for the new owner after a bow that has treated you so well.
        B
        Last edited by bk_tradguy88; 02-07-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Buff being Buff. Awesome

Comment

What an awesome reward to hand to another hunter. May the Legacy continue to grow.
              A gesture beyond words.

Comment

Wow marty what a great gesture and a great task set forth to him any man would think himself truly honored to have such a fine weapon bestowed him

Comment

That's a pretty cool story, Marty!

Congrats to the new owner of some real bowhunting history!!!

Bisch

Comment

That is an awesome gesture on your part

Hope to see some future kills posted by the new owner

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      That is an awesome gesture on your part

Hope to see some future kills posted by the new owner
                      I have my money bet on the fact that you will see that!!!

Bisch

Comment

I would just liked to be the bow for all those years. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                          I would just liked to be the bow for all those years. Arvin

Arvin, I have wondered, as some one who builds bows.
                          Do you ever wonder what adventures your bows might see while you are building them ?

I talked to Ken who owned Black Widow bows one time and he told me he took personal pride when he heard or read about a bow they had built going on some great adventure or another.

It must be pretty cool to build some thing a man can depend on even if he is traveling to the 4 corners of the earth.

Comment

Wow!
                            I dont know who the lucky hunter is, It doesnt even matter. Im just thinking of what he would have to say to the next hunter he passes the bow to.
                            Tell the stories, count the bow kills and adventures....thats too cool, Buff.
                            What an honor.

Comment

Yes it is cool when you hear of one going to Africa and someone getting a warthog or such. Also when one goes to a world championship and has the blessing of being shot by a champion? I have been blessed by where some of my bows go and to the people that have become their owners. Means great friendships most all of the time. Lots of good things have come from me being a custom bowyer. Arvin

Comment

Working...
                              X