Cant hit the spot,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant hit the spot,

Ive been shooting my new Bob Lee Classic, i am right where i want to be with field points, i tried the 2 blade magnus stinger and am barely hitting the target, i cant see flight problems, arrow looks as clean in the air as with a field point,, any idees, thanks,
    30" draw
    32" gold tip 55 / 75 traditional carbon arrow
    125 head
    Glove
    422 grains
    48 pounds

If the draw weight is 48# at your 30" draw length, I will bet my bottom dollar that that arrow is too stiff. Try adding a 100gr brass insert to one or two of your arrows instead of the standard insert and see what it does.

Bisch

Comment

I agree with bisch. Unless you are wanting an overall heavier arrow weight, I'd just go buy a few GT 3555s. Even though your arrows may appear to be flying well, your broadheads are magnifying to problem.

I would suggest you do some reading on how to bareshaft tune and give that a go. If you can't get things to work with the 5575s, youll have to go to the 3555s

Comment

What is your arrow length? (from the throat of the nock to the end of the insert) Is the bow 48# at 28" or at your draw length? I have the Stu Miller Dynamic Spine calculator open - if you give me that additional data I'll see what ol' Stu says...

Comment

What is your brace height set on?
          I see more folks than not have had their string stretch and not have near enough brace height

Comment

Sorry .
            Last edited by Selfbowman; 10-04-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              What is your arrow length? (from the throat of the nock to the end of the insert) Is the bow 48# at 28" or at your draw length? I have the Stu Miller Dynamic Spine calculator open - if you give me that additional data I'll see what ol' Stu says...
              32" 1/4 ". 48" at 30" draw

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                What is your brace height set on?
                I see more folks than not have had their string stretch and not have near enough brace height
                Buff its a brand new string and i checked it it was 7 1/2" i put twist back in to 8" but ran out of light worked late tonight n didnt shoot broadheads tonight, Thanks a bunch, will know sat,

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  If the draw weight is 48# at your 30" draw length, I will bet my bottom dollar that that arrow is too stiff. Try adding a 100gr brass insert to one or two of your arrows instead of the standard insert and see what it does.

Bisch
                  Working on some new arrows,

Comment

Working...
                  X