Ilf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ilf

In the market for a new recurve. Looking for opinions on ILF bows, good and bad. I've been looking at the line of bows from trad tech.. I like the idea of ILF bows in general because of variable weight and the idea of maybe long bow limbs later..thanks

I have shot a few, not many... My wife has a Hoyt Excel riser with TT limbs. I love her bow. I see you're right across the channel, you are welcome to come by and shoot it sometime after the middle of next week.

Comment

No down sides. I switched to ILF systems years ago before ILF hunting risers were even available. I figured out how to fit ILF target limbs to a 20" Pro Medalist riser, and went out and shot a deer with it. Great bow. Then I worked with David Sosa to design the DAS line. Although not true ILF, it used ILF limbs with modified bushings and was a great shooting bow. Shot heaps of deer with that setup. Then I wanted to go back to a wood riser, and by then, there were several to choose from, including the TT line (Pinnacle, and later Black Onyx) These days I shoot their Apex riser with either Black Max or Carbon/Wood limbs. Occasionally I still shoot the Onyx riser.

Once you learn to adjust and tune an ILF hunting recurve, it's really, really hard to go back to anything else. They shoot great, are just as quiet as a bolt-on takedown, and assemble and disassemble in no time, without tools.

Much credit goes to Bob Gordon of Idaho (cousin to Olympic archer Ed Eliason) for resurrecting the ILF hunting bow with his "warf" designs of the early 2000's. He singlehandedly re-created a huge market in the traditional archery world.

Again, no down side to ILF

FWIW, the TT/Samick Black Max limbs are SERIOUSLY underrated hunting limbs. I love them for hunting, even though I have $600 ILF limbs at my disposal.

John
      Last edited by Limbwalker; 10-01-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I have a TT Titan, Pinnacle, and a Morrison love all I have carbon wood and Black Max
        limbs very smooth!!!

Comment

I have a Hoyt Excel riser and Sammick limbs for my indoor bow, and a DAS Dalla with DAS 50# limbs and some 40# Black Max limbs. The BM limbs are awesome on my DAS

Comment

Have a couple of different risers and both recurve and longbow limbs. They are good bows, no doubt, but I still like the wood/glass blows too.

Comment

Personal preference, but I don't like them. I have had several. I know they have advantages but they caused me to tinker too much. I like to tune my bow and be done with it. I just use either my Dorado with TT black limbs (ILF bushing pushed out) with a flipper rest or my Bamabow longbow.

If you like to tinker then get an ILF, if not then stick with a conventional bow. There are companies (non ILF) that allow you to use either recurve or longbow limbs on your riser.

Comment

Working...
              X