Camara $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camara $500

I am going to Alaska after my time here in Korea what is the best Camara I can buy for 500$ thanks in advance for any help.

I have no idea really. Guess it partly depends on whether you want to spend $500 total or just to get started with the idea of expanding later. If that's what you're looking to spend in total, have you looked at the Canon G10?

Comment

I like Olympus.

Comment

Nikon D40 with the 18/55 lens. It will only get more expensive from there for more and more lenses.

Comment

I would go with a Canon G10. We bought one for the office and its pretty amazing for a point-n-shoot. It doesnt zoom very far but the picture quality is great, and it gives you a lot more control than most cameras in its class. If you want a DSLR, i would go the used route and get a 20D or something.

Comment

I want a camara that I can get started with that I can just expand on without having to buy another one.

Comment

First ask yourself this. Do you want a big bulky DSLR or do you want a pocket type Point-N-Shoot to carry everywhere?

Then if DSLR is your choice I would go handle a few different ones and see which one fits your hands best. I myself didn't care for Nikon and fell in love with Cannon's. For DSLR I carry a 50D however a bit more than $500. If Canon is your choice look around on Craigslist and find a good used 30D or 40D and add lenses as you get more available money. As an example here is a 30D with a lens for $550 http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pho/1239138792.html

You could also look at the XTI or such, ask yourself what your primary target is and see if the need for speed is there or mostly static or slower moving objects that wouldn't require a high ISO speed.

For Point-N-Shoot I really love Canon's G series camera's I have a G2, G6 and just purchased a G10, great pictures for a point-n-shoot.

Comment

bought mine Nikon refurbished from B&H. No complaints. Looked and functions like new. Still enough of your budget for an sd card, couple filters and other acc. What i would do (what I did, actually)

Comment

Nikon D40 x2

Comment

I still shoot with Canon's Rebel XT, you may be able to find one pretty durn cheap now and put the rest in some good glass cause the lens is more important than the camera.

Comment

What??

You lucky dogI've been trying for 19 years to get Alaska and the Army says ummm no, not you Congrats and good luck! I would go for the Nikon D40, which is what my wife uses. You can get it in a pretty good kit for right under $500.00.

JB

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                      I am going to Alaska after my time here in Korea what is the best Camara I can buy for 500$ thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                        X