Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Up Blinds and Feeders..... (small rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A month ago moved a feeder to a new location, 4 new bucks that night. The last couple of weekends built feeder pens, had deer in them same night. Last Saturday my neighbor was apparently practicing for gun season and blowing up tanerite, saw 5 Toms, 1 coyote, a doe and her offspring and a shooter buck. I don’t think deer care too much sometimes what’s going on around them.

Comment

I find it is better to worry about your own business and not what someone else is doing. That is not only related to setting up stands, but life in general. If you cannot control or change something (or what someone does), what point is there in spending time thinking about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gemlin View Post
        They not going to run me off. They have the right to speak their mind. Some of those who posted complained when a neighbor put a feeder/stand on a fence line (even when its located not on their lease/land)
        I have seen plenty of people complain about that.

Comment

The nerve of some folks!! I set my feeders up all the way back in March........................of 2008...

Glad I don't have to take my **** down every year or move every other year.

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
            those lil spikes....so adorable
            always sitckin their nose in other bucks bidness

Comment

Stuff happens and people can do what they want. I hunt low fence and our neighbors will fill their feeders and kick them on here in the next week or so. Our does go over there and with rut the bucks follow. Hard when you feed year round and work hard to grow them. But it’s part of the game and the fun/challenge of low fence hunting.

Comment

I own my place and worked on rebuilding a stand this weekend. Why? Because this is when I had the most time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

No setting up after august? Sounds like a pretty dumb rule to me.. I don’t care who sets stuff up what time of year.. you think someone setting up a blind or cutting limbs mid September is really gonna make a difference on what you see in October or November??

Comment

This is going well for OP.

Comment

Thanks Karen..... Would you like to speak to a Manager?

Comment

Funny!

Comment

More traffic on other leases means more activity in my quiet, peaceful section. I always grin when I see/hear folks working.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemlin View Post
                            Every year, last two weeks of bow season I see other people setting up blinds and feeders the last two weeks of deer season, sometimes on opening weekend of rifle.

On my lease we have a rule. No setting up after the end of August. Don't have your stuff out, well you can hunt leaning against a tree.

I saw at least 10 people pulling trailers with blinds and feeders Friday near jJacksboro. 9am on Saturday I could hear multiple chainsaws in the distance.

Why can't people do this when its not deer season? Yes archery season is deer season.
                            I stopped trying to figure out why people do what they do a long time ago. I guess you should be glad that you're not on their lease.

Comment

yeah it blows my mind. City hunters or people not too dedicated

Labor day the caravans of UTV's and blinds head down I-10

Comment

Got off our place in Paducah in the spring and didn’t get a new lease until a couple weeks ago. My dad’s neighbor invited us to fill a spot that had come open. So we were one of those trucks y’all saw last week headed west to put up feeders and a couple sets. Guess what, saw deer and turkey all weekend while we were working.

Comment

Working...
                                X