No announcement yet.

Newton, Jasper, Orange and Jefferson county kill pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was Hot, Hot, Hot and Skeeters, Skeeters, Skeeters. I only saw one doe Sunday morning before I had to leave for Church but my Son scored on a young buck. He hadn't killed a deer in about 20 years with his bow and he said the first legal buck he saw was getting an arrow. Sure enough, he tagged a young buck but no pics. I was very proud for him as he works a lot and with 3 kids he doesn't get much time to hunt. Meat for the freezer is a great thing.

Doug

Comment

Hey that's some good reports

Comment

Hoping to post something from Newton CO. here in a few weeks

Comment

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Havent had any of my mature bucks on cameras as of yet, they usually dont show up until mid october so i took the opportunity to lay down a doe opening morning in Newton county.

Comment

Awesome congrats

Comment

Word on the street, cold front coming, looking forward to more pics

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Word on the street, cold front coming, looking forward to more pics
                  I heard the same .. moving to the national forest next Wednesday and Thursday.. I'm making a scouting trip tomorrow..

Comment

With the mosquitoes and weather like it was I didn't even make a hunt. Working sn emergency turnaround this week and planning on taking the majority of next week off to hunt. In my opinion the stars are aligning for an awesome week of hunting. I've been watching deer on my cameras I a couple different Jefferson and liberty county ty spots for quite a few years now and one thing I have seen proven year after year without fail is that between the 5th and 15th of October the mature bucks are as active as they will get all year. If I could only pick 1 7 day week a year to hunt for deer in south east Texas it would be the 5th through 12th of October no doubt. I'm ready! 60 degree morning have me excited.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't stone me but I don't bow hunt anymore......but I will be rifle hunting in Jasper county starting the second weekend in November after I get back from a mule deer hunt in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                        Hunted Saturday morning and evening. Forgot my thermacell Saturday morning and was nearly carried off by the mosquitoes until the sun fully came up. Only saw one doe. Put a buddy in my usual "go to" spot whose lease flooded from Imelda to get to and gave him the green light on couple different "managment" bucks. He had a hot doe in the area and saw 7-8 different bucks grunting and chasing her. Two of them being on the approved hit list. First one, a big 8 that we call the palmated 8 never presented him a shot and the other, a very large 6 point with a body like a horse that he decided he didn't want to burn his only Jefferson County buck tag on. That evening, I hunted, mosquitoes were still bad but came prepared with my thermacell. Wind was whipping and drastically decreased the deer movement. Put my buddy back in that stand and he saw 5 does and young bucks. I saw one big trash panda and that was it for me. Had another buddy who helps me corn sitting for a deer that he's been hunting with me for two years and he saw a doe and a 7 point that needs to go but doesn't meet AR. Wanted to hunt Sunday, but spent all day down in High Island battling our still flooded place to set gator lines to try and fill the remainder of our tags today which is last day of gator season. Going to try and sneak in a few hunts after work this week.

What county?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                          Don't stone me but I don't bow hunt anymore......but I will be rifle hunting in Jasper county starting the second weekend in November after I get back from a mule deer hunt in Colorado.

Comment

Looking forward to the predicted cooler temps. I hope to be out hunting next week. Just don’t have any deer pics in my bow spot. Hundreds of raccoons though!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                              Looking forward to the predicted cooler temps. I hope to be out hunting next week. Just don’t have any deer pics in my bow spot. Hundreds of raccoons though!
                              I had 14 coons in one picture last week.. between the coons and hogs deer dont have a chance to get any corn..

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                                What county?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                He is in jefferson county

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X