Anyone familiar with dodge spare tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone familiar with dodge spare tire?

I had to put my spare on. There are no ratings on the sidewall. I called the ram vehicle care and the gal said they are usually rated for 1,000 miles but she would have to check. She came back on a few minutes later and said I could only go 70 miles at 50 mph. So I don't trust the source. Anyone familiar and can tell me??

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    I had to put my spare on. There are no ratings on the sidewall. I called the ram vehicle care and the gal said they are usually rated for 1,000 miles but she would have to check. She came back on a few minutes later and said I could only go 70 miles at 50 mph. So I don't trust the source. Anyone familiar and can tell me??
    I went for a week on my spare last month and drive 70 mph. Probably put on 300 miles. No problems. Ram crew cab 1/2 ton

Comment

P235 / 85r17... 2016 ram 1500 lone star

Comment

Made it home OK. Went 55 to 60.

Comment

I had a nail in my tire and had to put the spare on for a day...ended up with a chunk missing in my spare (highway only).

Finding a new spare has been very difficult. Discount tire cannot find that size tire anywhere...

I’ll start looking on CL Or Pick-n-pull

Comment

I take it its not a normal full size spare?

Comment

What are the regular tire size? A 235/85 is tiny, and I doubt the same diameter as the 4 tires on the truck. If you have an LSD, it's going to eat away at the clutches.

Comment

I'll tell all you guys so you can tell the girls..... Keep a can or two of Fix-a-Flat in a compartment somewhere in the vehicle. Any tire that has a simple object in it to run it flat (obviously not a full blow out), Fix-a-Flat will air the tire and seal the leak. One can will air up a relative sized tire, so two cans would be better to pack for surety. It will get them ladies rolling again quickly, without having to subject themselves to strangers, from a lengthy roadside tenure with the car up on a jack. The tire will usually seal up well, enabling the drive home or to a tire repair shop. They say fix a flat will rust the wheels, but that's with the stuff staying in the tire for a very lengthy period. Tire shop can break down the tire/wheel and wash it clean during the repair. You can't go wrong with having it. It's a "plug and play" item that I recommend all the wives, daughters, sisters, aunts, and so on, to equip in their ride. Just some food for thought. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't believe the one that comes with the truck is a full size spare, no. It says in huge print "TEMPORARY SPARE TIRE". It looks the same size, except that the rim is 17" compared to the 20's that come with it. The total diameter's are the same, though.

Turns out it wasn't a nail. Fix a flat wouldn't have worked. It's leaking air from a bulge the size of a baseball. That wouldn't have been good going 75 MPH on 20 last night.

Comment

Working...
                  X