Bluetooth Meat Thermometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    I had this. Worked great as long as I didn't get more than 30 feet from the grill. I switched to WiFi.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    What Wi-Fi unit did you go to? I have a wireless router in my shop that will be very close to my smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Yep. I use an extra phone connected to home WiFi. Set it on the patio next to my Kamado and can check the cook wherever I am
      It looks like Meater also has a unit that does Wi-Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        What Wi-Fi unit did you go to? I have a wireless router in my shop that will be very close to my smoker.

Maverick. You don't need a router. It produces and receives its own signal. Not sure of the range but I've never exceeded it at my place. The Bluetooth unit would cut out as soon as I went into the house.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
          Maverick. You don't need a router. It produces and receives its own signal. Not sure of the range but I've never exceeded it at my place. The Bluetooth unit would cut out as soon as I went into the house.

Gotcha. Maverick is a radio frequency. I’ve got a maverick already.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
            Bought an outdoor gourmet from Academy that had two probes. Its works good for me, has it's own app for iPhone. Haven't had any issues with connection in my house with the smoker 50-60' away in the driveway. Think I played around $70 for it.
            I have this ones. Work great, no complaints other than range. I get 30-40 feet.

Comment

It looks like Meater also has a unit that does Wi-Fi.

Yes Meater Block has WiFi built in, I believe. Meater + probe has a more robust Bluetooth signal.

Comment

I’ve had two MEATERs quit working on me. Therma-Q is the final solution.

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

Comment

What does that even mean? [emoji2373][emoji1787]

Lol...

Comment

The FireBoard is pretty awesome. You just need a WiFi signal where you cook. I can monitor from anywhere I get cell service on my phone. I think it has Bluetooth as well, but only use WiFi.

The probes are water proof as well.

Comment

The fire board and therma q are the two I have my choices narrowed to.

Comment

I think I’m down to Thermoworks Q, Fireboard or Tappacue Touch.

Comment

Let us know how it works. What a first world problem. "I don't want to have to be anywhere remotely close to my grill to check on meat temp." What a great time to be alive!

Side note, I am trying to convince my wife to let me buy a smoker with wi-fi so I can set it, then go on about my day, and be able to turn up or down the heat from where ever I am from my cell phone.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                              Im doubting myself now. I have a wood burning pit. I have to guess at temps��������
                              No you don't.

Comment

No you don't.

Very true. I can remember my Grandpa laughing at me for having a temp gauge on the door of the first pit I built.

Comment

Working...
                                X