Colorado Secondary Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Secondary Draw

Anyone put in for tags in the secondary draw? I think results are supposed to be out later this week.
    Last edited by quackadikt; 07-13-2020, 08:17 AM.

Well, I'd go check y'alls bank statements. I called today around lunch and was told they were already starting to charge cards and that results will be updated tomorrow.
    Around 5pm I got the charge on my card.
    This will be my first elk hunt so I'm pretty pumped to see I pulled a tag.
    Good luck to y'all!

Comment

Checked my account, nothing yet.

Comment

Checked again....I drew a 78 tag!

Comment

Originally posted by Dc78 View Post
          Awesome! Congrats
          Last edited by TonyP; 07-17-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

So this was one of the units that went from OTC to a draw? I'm guessing they didn't have enough hunters apply for the amount of tags they offered?

Comment

Looks like a buddy and I drew a cow tag.

Comment

Correct Hockley. Was told there were 1400 archery tags leftover.

Comment

Just found out I drew Unit 74
                  Good luck this season!

Comment

Correct Hockley. Was told there were 1400 archery tags leftover.
                    Did they publish how many tags were offered for each unit anywhere and how many were leftover?

I'm curious because I did not plan to hunt the OTC unit I'm familiar with because I was afraid it would be overrun with people that didn't draw their normal OTC tag. It looks like they offered a bunch if there were that many leftover.

Comment

I planned to change to a different OTC unit this year but I believe the number is twelve OTC's is SW Colorado that changed to Draw only. So I put in for the Unit I was familiar with thinking that the qty of bow hunters would decrease. I was excited to draw but then found out they were filling the unit with Draw Hunters, 2nd Draw choices. It almost appears that the DOW went draw only to appease the "local residents" but they seemed to have a pretty large number of offered tags to insure their income dollars. I was leaving this original unit as it was completely overrun with archery hunters last year. I guess I will find out in September. I feel sorry for anyone planning to hunt the OTC GMU Units 79, 80, 81 & 83 during Archery this year because they will look like parking lots. A large percentage of OTC hunter that use to hunt those other twelve previous OTC Units that went draw only, are now going to just move over to these units.

Comment

I drew a 2nd rifle for 83!!!!!! GAME ON!

Comment

Hockley I was as told by person at Game and Fish that they had 1400 tags left over. Four of us put in we all drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                            Did they publish how many tags were offered for each unit anywhere and how many were leftover?

I'm curious because I did not plan to hunt the OTC unit I'm familiar with because I was afraid it would be overrun with people that didn't draw their normal OTC tag. It looks like they offered a bunch if there were that many leftover.

They did. Under the Secondary Draw page, thru had a link for each species with the leftover hunt codes and numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was drawing first choice first draw this year! Good luck elk hunting!

Comment

Working...
                              X