No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing everything you've done. Best thread ever.

Comment

What a behemoth!

Comment

Glad u made it back ok. And again "Nice one"

Comment

Amazing mass on that buck and cant wait to see the drop tine buck.

Comment

Following

Comment

Here is the drop tine buck we took from the ranch this year. I believe him to be 12 or 13 as I have a history with him going back to 2008. He only had a drop tine two other times in his life; once in 2008 and again in 2010 when he scored around 190. His skin was very loose and saggy especially around his neck. While his body looked big enough on the hoof he only weighed 180. He scored just under 170.
              Attached Files

Comment

For those of you that like to age from jawbones here is the jaw from the above buck.Notice no front teeth...maybe that should be included in the tooth aging charts.
                Attached Files

Comment

what a cool buck
                  thx for sharing
                  man im gonna miss this thread next year; hopoefully someone will step up

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    For those of you that like to age from jawbones here is the jaw from the above buck.Notice no front teeth...maybe that should be included in the tooth aging charts.
                    Awesome old buck Rusty!!

Comment

Man, cool buck! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

This years life on the farm has been a rich blessing full of love, laughter, joy and growth.

God's blessings to all. Merry Christmas

Comment

I subscribed to this thread early on, and I am glad I did. This thread will be a good reference, with real world observations and results, for anyone wishing to improve their "farm." Thank you, Mr. Baker, and Merry Christmas.
                          Mr Sid

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                            This years life on the farm has been a rich blessing full of love, laughter, joy and growth.

God's blessings to all. Merry Christmas
                            Can we expect a "Year in the Life of the Farm Part 2"? Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience with us. You have an absolutely amazing property and this has by far been my favorite thread on this site!

Comment

Elgato, try using some black flex pipe to protect the bases of your young trees from bucks rubbing them. I cut a slit length wise down the pipe and wrapped the bases up to 4-5'. It has worked well around my house.

Comment

The native genetics you have on both of your ranches is unreal. Thanks for sure an incredible thread Rusty. Please start a new one next spring/summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X