No controlled burns at LBJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No controlled burns at LBJ?

Many of the units could use a good controlled burn as they are severly overgrown. But, I did a search and have not found plans for burns on any of the units this year. It's going to be a jungle out there!!!

Phone call

Sometimes a phone call will answer your questions. Everything is not on the internet.

Caddo/LBJ District Office: 940 627-5475

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
      Sometimes a phone call will answer your questions. Everything is not on the internet.

Caddo/LBJ District Office: 940 627-5475

i'll give them a call. But, the US Forest Service website showed all the projects and listed controlled burns on some USFS land. But, nothing for LBJ. Since there has been a burn ban in Wise County, I have my doubts that any controlled burns were done.

Comment

I doubt any controlled burns will be going on because of the fires they had in wise this year that got out of control.

Comment

Take Froggy's advice, he might know a thing ot two about this!

Comment

There is a burn ban for all of Wise Co. currently. High winds and low humidity, and 5' switch grass... not good.

Comment

ANY BURN right now or in the near future would be suicide!! You can not control a burn under these conditions...

Comment

That's why they haven't broke out the drip torches. They may start burning soon on the Caddo N.G. The units around Ladonia have the fire lines ready. Wise County has a heavy fuel load and has been way too dry. Hopefully we'll get a good rain tonight.

Comment

What a hoot. zzzzzoooommm. Right over their heads.
                  The green screen is always so full of surprises!
                  Besides........whatever happens--------happens.......right?

Comment

Working...
                  X