Hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs?

Hey yall I am just seeing if anyone knows where I could start scouting at Lake Ray Roberts for hog season opens January 15th I will use a ground blind or a treestand, I am just trying to get a general area to setup a trail camera and do some foot work scouting. Thanks

take 377 north until you hit hogtown rd. take hogtown rd to welch school rd. go right on welch school rd until it dead ends at a small turn around. the access gate is right there. just follow the trail maybe 75 yards until you hit the slough/channel. if it is dry you can cross it. if not you can skirt the bank until you find a spot to cross. you can either use a ground blind or a chain on tree stand in here. lots of hog sign in here. hope this points you in the right direction. i may take my canoe in there myself.

Comment

Thanks HG I will go out there and setup my trail camera and If you want send me an email and I will send you pictures I get maybe we can take a good hog out of there. My huntin buddy has a flat bottom boat that we are gonna take to some places around roberts but I needed somewhere I could walk and get some pictures and scout a bit. Oh and when you mean chain on treestand there is nothing for a climber there? I have a ground blind, but I would love to be able to setup my climber. Well thanks again and shoot me an email and I will show you any pictures I get back from out there.

Comment

better off with a chain on out there unless you scout for a good straight tree in the right spot for a climber

Comment

Aight yea I got only a climber and a blind but I wanna be off the ground atleast 4 or 5 feet lol I have a blanket blind leaf pattern I got from walmart for like 5.00 clearance and I think I can pin that up around the tree put just my seat in the bottom of the tree so it is comfortable to sit and I can get off the ground if I get rushed by hogs LOL!

Comment

I think I might have been on private property from where you were talking about I walked back but it was all flooded you couldnt cross started to get mushy we did cross some of the lil creeks by log and I didnt cross any fences that where noticable private property but there was fence that looked like it had been draged in from a storm or something but we are gonna take the boat hopefully in the next couple weeks after the fog clears and the wind dies down plus the snakes gonna be comeing out soon. well let me know when you go maybe we can meet up sometime I will etheir be in a 2001 Silver Suburban or I will be in a 1997 Crown victoria White.

Comment

Working...
            X