Jacob DeGrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    This is the correct answer, and to think some of y’all were so against it. You know who you are😄
    I have to be cautiously optimistic about the acquisition. It's been awhile since i believed players got healthier as they age. But it's not my money, so go for it. I guess it's just the price of playing poker....

Re: the stadium. I wanted an open air stadium. Heck, i didn't see anything wrong with the Temple. BUT, i didn't have to play on a field that had temps of 115 degrees either. The club has gotten some better players since the new park was built. I've only been to one game in person. We sat in the cheap seats. I can report that the temps in upper regions of that park are well more than 72 degrees, and the views ain't that great. It may be a glorious place to be in the good seats, but not so much up high. Not sure where the breakeven level on the temperature zones is.

Oh well, bring on some more players and spring training.

Comment

Jacob DeGrom

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      I have to be cautiously optimistic about the acquisition. It's been awhile since i believed players got healthier as they age. But it's not my money, so go for it. I guess it's just the price of playing poker....

Re: the stadium. I wanted an open air stadium. Heck, i didn't see anything wrong with the Temple. BUT, i didn't have to play on a field that had temps of 115 degrees either. The club has gotten some better players since the new park was built. I've only been to one game in person. We sat in the cheap seats. I can report that the temps in upper regions of that park are well more than 72 degrees, and the views ain't that great. It may be a glorious place to be in the good seats, but not so much up high. Not sure where the breakeven level on the temperature zones is.

Oh well, bring on some more players and spring training.

It’s generic, and average. I can appreciate AC as much as the next guy, but it could have been done much better. It didn’t have anything to do with attracting free agents or fans, it was about doubling the value of the franchise…

They parked a 2021 Honda Accord next to a ‘66 Chevelle…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk bud

Comment

Jacob DeGrom

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comical how easy it is to irritate Astros fans… or some lame *** **** like that [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Comical how easy it is to irritate Astros fans… or some lame *** **** like that [emoji23][emoji23]

If there is one thing astros fans hate, it’s the truth. But they got one.

And if there’s one thing I hate, it’s that the astros got one…[emoji23]

Comment

Jacob DeGrom

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
            It is comical how easy it is to irritate Ranger fans.
            Comical how easy it is to irritate Astros fans… or some lame azz **** like that [emoji23][emoji23]

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            If there is one thing astros fans hate, it’s the truth. But they got one.

And if there’s one thing I hate, it’s that the astros got one…[emoji23]

True except my comment had nothing to do with that and everything to do with pointing out the irony of his comment earlier …and then his subsequent reaction a few posts later when he got “easily irritated”…[emoji51][emoji23]
            Last edited by Smart; 12-04-2022, 07:24 AM.

Comment

True except my comment had nothing to do with that and everything to do with pointing out the irony of his comment earlier …and then his subsequent reaction a few posts later when he got “easily irritated”…[emoji51][emoji23]

[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post

[emoji23]

It was a joke, note the smiley faces, braindead [emoji23]

Comment

It was a joke, note the smiley faces, braindead [emoji23]
                  Did you miss my smiley face, dipstick?😄

Comment

Rangers are sure making some positive moves. Really like Chris Young making personnel decisions for the organization now. Love getting Boche, and bringing Maddox back. There are some unproven potential studs ( particularly pitchers) in the farm system. Fired up about the team’s willingness to pony up big bucks for immediate player upgrades. deGrom may be the most dominant pitcher on planet Earth, when available. For what the Rangers are going to pay him, I hope he’s at least reasonably available. Real good times aren’t too far away!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      No, but how about number of starts per year and innings pitched?

deGrom could end up pitching up to the contract but I’m skeptical. There is no way I’d give him that kind of deal. Shorter term high aav, yes but 5 years is too long imo. I don’t think there will be any middle ground with this deal. It will either be a home run or a strike out. Time will tell. I love baseball because of things like this.

I do agree. It would make me hesitant to take on a guy with the injury history and limited action for the last two years. But when he's healthy he's the best in the game. It is for sure a huge risk because if he doesn't become the cornerstone of your rotation for the length of this contract then you have set your team back years tying up that money in one player. Remember when Miami went out and bought all the talent a few years ago? It was an ugly mess. I hope this isn't the same outcome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X