Help: Ranger Crew or Can Am Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Ranger Crew or Can Am Crew

I've read the other threads... I've had several Rangers and other than cv joints have had very few issues. That being said, my son totaled my 2018 Ranger crew xp1000 that I had set up exactly like I wanted a couple of weeks ago and Farm Bureau Ins has once again come thru for me (actually don't remember adding it to my ranch policy but apparently I did). The dealership I deal with now sells both Can Am and Polaris, they didn't when I bought my last ranger. I'm intrigued by the Can Am but have an espandre aluminum high rack ($2k+) off my old ranger that will not fit the Can Am. Thoughts and opinions?

I don’t have an answer for you.
    Hope your son is ok, bet that’s a heck of a story.

Comment

CanAm is a nicer machine but having that rack would probably make me go Ranger.

Comment

Sell the rack and buy a CanAm. Just my opinion based on buddies with both machines.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          I don’t have an answer for you.
          Hope your son is ok, bet that’s a heck of a story.
          My son and his buddy are fine but could have been really bad. Thanks
          Last edited by rvd; 07-23-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Can Am IMO. I've owned both!

Comment

As someone who owns a Ranger and has had great luck out of it I want to say Ranger 100%. But I’ve been on several new Can Ams and they’re bad to the bone. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Comment

I don’t know anything about your high rack but why couldn’t you have someone do some fabrication on the high rack to make it fit the CanAm? I’ve heard a lot of good things about the CamAm’s in the last few years and a lot of the guys in my East TX area that do the weekend mid rides have all switched from Rangers to CanAm’s

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  As someone who owns a Ranger and has had great luck out of it I want to say Ranger 100%. But I’ve been on several new Can Ams and they’re bad to the bone. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
                  I looked at a defender max xt today, that's what got my wheels turning on switching. I was 100% on putting the old rack on the 2020 ranger and moving on previously. I know nothing bad about the can am and have had nothing but good experience with my rangers other than what my boys tore up but that's kinda been their job at this point in life

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    CanAm is a nicer machine but having that rack would probably make me go Ranger.
                    Was my thought until I looked at the can am today.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      Can Am IMO. I've owned both!
                      What's better about it in your opinion?

Comment

I really like my can am hd8 max
                        Plenty of power and load capacity and also tons of room
                        Very easy to wire accessories to it and so far has been completely trouble free.
                        I also own a ranger and have had no problems with it but like the can am more

Comment

I love my Can Am HD8 XT. Wouldn’t think twice about buying another.

Polaris sucks imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                            I love my Can Am HD8 XT. Wouldn’t think twice about buying another.

Polaris sucks imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            The one I looked at today had the xd10 so 82hp like the ranger I believe. I hear the Polaris sux talk often but really has not been my experience over the last 15 years.

Comment

I’ve had Ranger, Mule, Can Am.

Had overheating problems with Ranger that 3 trips and 2 Dealers could never fix.

Mule couldn’t handle the loads I carry....haul lots of deer corn 600-800#.

Can Am handles all the weight I can load with high ground clearance. No issues so far other than tailgate sucks. Load bows the tailgate out and it comes unhinged on one side. Can’t believe they haven’t come out with a replacement.....Dealers are aware of the problem but haven’t seen anything on-line about the problem. If you don’t haul back end full of feed you’ll probably never have a problem.

I’ve got the Defender HD Max. Love it other than the tailgate issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X