Building a New Boat Dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a New Boat Dock

I'm about to have a new boat dock built on Lake Fork.

My plan is to build a dock that extends the maximum 150' out into the lake (somewhere between 12-14' deep) with two boat slips. One slip will have a cradle for my bass boat and the other simple straps for a small aluminum boat. I plan on installing LED lighting and using mid-grade Trex for the deck. I'd also like to add an automatic fish feeder and underwater green light at some point down the road. And, of course, I'll add some brush piles too.

I just wanted to see if anyone has been down this path before and has any thoughts about my build or ideas to make it better. My goal is to make it the best fishing dock it can be.

floating ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
      floating ?
      No, it'll be on piers sunk into the ground.

Comment

I just spent 3 days fixing my old pier on Possum Kingdom. My neighbor has a awesome dock. He used Trex and went 8ft wide which is super nice. Get ready to spend some money!

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
          I just spent 3 days fixing my old pier on Possum Kingdom. My neighbor has a awesome dock. He used Trex and went 8ft wide which is super nice. Get ready to spend some money!
          My existing dock is 20 years old and at the end of its life. I'm excited for a new one, but dreading the cost too...

Comment

Buddy of mine is building a new dock at his Fork house right now, 80 K and it is nothing like what you are describing, you will have a Taj Majal, I think the under water lights are a great idea, should have fish out the gazoo.

Comment

I wish I’d bought our underwater lights along time ago....

I finally installed them this week.

Now there are tarpon, mullet, catfish, snapper and stingrays here every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                I wish I’d bought our underwater lights along time ago....

I finally installed them this week.

Now there are tarpon, mullet, catfish, snapper and stingrays here every day.
                In the hill country?

Comment

Are you building or having it built by a contractor? If using a contractor, get everything in writing for sure. My BIL and Sister just went to Hades and back on their dock at Toledo Bend. They showed up one weekend in the fall and a Lien Notice was posted on the dock, contractor stiffed the lumber yard to the tune of $12K. He never paid the last lumber order on their project.

Comment

How do you plan on setting the post?

Comment

Coordinates for the best fishing dock on Lake Fork please. lol.

Comment

Building a New Boat Dock

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                        In the hill country?

Cape Coral, Florida.

Caloosahatchee River at the Gulf.

Right now....

Last edited by Atfulldraw; 05-07-2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                          How do you plan on setting the post?
                          A contractor is building it and it’s my understanding they use a machine on a barge to set the posts.

Comment

I have a boat...……
                            Let me know when it's done...…….
                            And I'll try it out...……….

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                              A contractor is building it and it’s my understanding they use a machine on a barge to set the posts.
                              Got ya. I am building one myself on my pond. I have heard of several ways but have not tried any yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X