Lawn pre emergent time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Festus View Post
    I’ve had great results with weed beater ultra. Mainly used it in a spot application to clean up what the pre emergence didn’t handle.
    the weed beater ultra did a heck of job, knocked out all the clover and other broadleaves. gonna drop some fertilizer after the cold weather and i think ill be in pretty good shape

Comment

Has anyone used Topshot post emergent? im gonna give it a shot. no pun intended

Comment

Hopefully, these freezing temperatures will kill all the weeds! I did put down some weed killer stuff last week. Maybe the cold will help it work.

Comment

So our golf course super said he will be doing pre this month. I figure it’s the right time for my Bermuda too then. Taking a cue from the pro, I’m going liquid this time with a dye marker. Didn’t have my backpack sprayer last year when I put down barricade granules.

Happy to see that a bunch of that winter clover I hit with glyphosate 2 weeks ago is now dead. Thinking it was more freeze than the spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            I thought it was end of August? I’m up north.
            I am in Guadalupe County and the average date of last freeze for us is March 21. Neil Sperry says 2 weeks prior to last frost, then 90 days later, then on/around Labor Day So, for me, it is Mar 7th, June 7th and Labor day.

Comment

Gents I held off on putting my Barricade down. Can I do it and 15-5-10 at the same time? Also I want to get some trace minerals down. Where should that application fall in line or can I just do it all consecutively

Comment

Anybody tried Simazine on lawn turf as a Pre-em ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  The problem I have with a lot of these recommendations is they do not consider soil temperatures or soil fertility. Most weed problems can be substantially reduced if the soil fertility was address first. Weeds are a good indicator of poor soil fertility.

For example, if you address the PH level and then fertilize according to recommendations, you can nearly wipe out sandburs. And, with proper PH level, your fertilizer will be more effective.
                  So my neighbor has tested a 7.2 and since we are all cut out of the same pecan orchard, I'm thinking mine is the same (but will get a test). If so, would I need to add lime for common bermuda?

Comment

Alright, moving out of the rent house into our first home at the end of the month. Have your standard winter weeds in the yard so curious on what you guys would do in prepping the yard to look good as I am moving out.

Want to throw some fertilizer and what not to get a little growth on the grass also. Very novice so open to any opinions!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Alright, moving out of the rent house into our first home at the end of the month. Have your standard winter weeds in the yard so curious on what you guys would do in prepping the yard to look good as I am moving out.

Want to throw some fertilizer and what not to get a little growth on the grass also. Very novice so open to any opinions!

Thanks
                      Knock the existing weeds out with Roundup. Now is a good time, especially if your grass is still dormant like mine is. Than get on a preemergent and fertilizer schedule. The schedule will be determine by your region.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Knock the existing weeds out with Roundup. Now is a good time, especially if your grass is still dormant like mine is. Than get on a preemergent and fertilizer schedule. The schedule will be determine by your region.

Green is starting to emerge in Bermuda and St A
                        Be careful with round up from here on out.

Brush away dormant grass and I bet you’ll see sprigs

Comment

Did the lawn 10 days ago. Will hit it again next week...................

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                            Green is starting to emerge in Bermuda and St A
                            Be careful with round up from here on out.

Brush away dormant grass and I bet you’ll see sprigs

This

We just dethatched 7 houses last week and a couple of em are starting to show green as well

Comment

Firing this one back up for the Fall! Looks like slightly cooler temperatures are in the forecast, along with a chance at some showers down here in South Texas. Anyone looking at putting down a round of pre-emergent at the end of the weekend/first part of next week? Or do y'all think it's still too early?

Comment

Perfect time is now, pre-emerge mixed with a heavy shot of fungicide for St. Augustine and Zoysia grasses.

Comment

Working...
                                X