east texas deer and this weather predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

east texas deer and this weather predictions

how does everyone think they will handle it? they can still paw for food in most places around here. that may change wednesday into thursday. sounds like exotics are taking some casualties

My prediction .... catastrophic

Comment

Nature- survival of the fittest !

Comment

There is no food I. Most places... cause most rely on a corn feeder that throws 1 pound to coons and hogs. Plots and quality habitat are key and most don’t have quality plots or enough cover or native browse

Comment

i think water will be the bigger issue

Comment

Unfortunately it is what it is. No need fretting the things out of your control now.

Going forward, make sure you are carrying well below your carrying capacity.

Comment

Youpon will save some lives. My deer did not attempt to dig out food plots today. Almost every leaf in reach got stripped on the fence rows though. Some honey suckle in there too.

Comment

During the last snow my deer were digging down to the daikon radish and wheat. They will eat what they have to to survive but it can’t be good.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Youpon will save some lives. My deer did not attempt to dig out food plots today. Almost every leaf in reach got stripped on the fence rows though. Some honey suckle in there too.
                  I have always heard youpon was an emergency food source for deer though I have never seen them eat it. If it is we have a lot of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                    I have always heard youpon was an emergency food source for deer though I have never seen them eat it. If it is we have a lot of it.
                    It actually is a second choice food under management classification in SE Texas. If you know what to looks for, you can see the browse marks. Browse of yaupon is one of the plants you look at to determine your population density.

Comment

I have quiet a few hitting my gravity and hay feeders in Angelina County. I do not use spincast feeders. Filled them all to the brim last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        It actually is a second choice food under management classification in SE Texas. If you know what to looks for, you can see the browse marks. Browse of yaupon is one of the plants you look at to determine your population density.

Deer are blasting it here right now.

Comment

I’ll have to think twice before cussing the stuff in the future.

Comment

This is good to know. The place I hunt has an irritating amount of it. And I was not able to get up there to fill feeders before the cold hit.

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            I’ll have to think twice before cussing the stuff in the future.
                            I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I will only eradicate half of it. lol

J

Comment

Marion county deer are fine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X