NRA Renewing Subscription??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    I'm really hoping this stirs things up...I'm a lifer & one of the few things they do right is the NRA-ILA.

I would send my $$$$ there & nice letter saying such & no money for membership / general fund till WL & the rest of swamp is out. PERIOD!!

Best post yet! This right here!

Comment

Unfortunately - They are on the take as well. IF they clean house I might consider them a viable organization again.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Amazing how many people have no idea what's going on with the NRA. If you are giving them money right now, you aren't protecting your gun rights, you're lining LaPierre and his cronies' pockets. I'm an endowment member, and I won't give them a dime right now. After Wayne and his gang of thieves are gone, I'll start back with them.
        This. Wayne LaPierre has turned it into his personal piggy bank. The self-dealing is obscene and probably criminal.

Comment

Glad to see there are a few folks around here paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            I am a life member but still make a donation every year...I don’t agree with them on several things but still think they play an important role and more now than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            X2. The anti-NRA people here will be crying when the NRA is crippled. GOA and others are a joke. There is a reason the left and the media are targeting the NRA and not some johnny-come-latelys. Some folks make excuses to not fork over a few bucks.

MikeD, don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicket Luke View Post
              Really people who are not NRA member can't read? Is that what your saying. Actually I think it's the other way around. The NRA helped write the Brady bill and a number of other 2nd infringing laws that exist today. They have endorsed anti 2nd politicians and as others have said the organization is run by crooks. I can only conclude NRA members can't read. Using your logic anyway.
              Yep. Pretty much said it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I’ve made my position clear on the NRA many times previously. In order to regain my support they are going to have to clean house and restructure and get back to what they used to be good at 20+ years ago.

I’ve seen no meaningful positive impact from them on killing any current or upcoming gun control legislation in at least that long from them.

For now GOA, FPC and others get my support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                Amazing how many people have no idea what's going on with the NRA. If you are giving them money right now, you aren't protecting your gun rights, you're lining LaPierre and his cronies' pockets. I'm an endowment member, and I won't give them a dime right now. After Wayne and his gang of thieves are gone, I'll start back with them.
                Yep, the current NRA leadership should be in jail. They stole $64 million!

They need a new board and need to get back to what they were a while back.

Comment

I was a member of NRA and the last time I joined I asked them to not send me e-mails and texts every other day asking for more money. That only lasted a couple of months. If they need more money just make the dues higher but he constant begging for more money is B.S.. And just like the unions, the NRA elite live in mansions and line their pockets. I don't plan to become a member again until they clean house and my money goes to the issues at hand and not in their pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                    I dropped out ..and don't know answer...I feel they need to address the gun problems and try to solve them...not do nothing....

Yes I support the second A.....and have my share of guns and will keep em
                    We don’t have a gun problem. We have a parenting problem. Teach your kids how to properly deal with adversity and that there will be consequences for their actions.

Comment

I’m maintaining my membership. In the end no organization is perfect. When the left goes after our rights. They will see a membership number that the NRA represents. I want to be counted in that number. We all do obviously but we have to do our part to help! The NRA is one of our only representatives that can stand up against them.

Comment

They may have problems but the NRA is still the main gun rights organization in the country. If they weren't having an effect they wouldn't be targeted by every anti-gun politician, publication and organization in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                          Have been a member for 47 years. Those that are not a member have no idea what the NRA does or doesn’t do.

So enlighten us.

What meaningful actions have they taken to stop or overturn any anti gun legislation in the past 20 years? 10 years?

Comment

NRA Renewing Subscription??

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            X2. The anti-NRA people here will be crying when the NRA is crippled. GOA and others are a joke. There is a reason the left and the media are targeting the NRA and not some johnny-come-latelys. Some folks make excuses to not fork over a few bucks.

MikeD, don't bother.

I wouldn’t if you could answer the question I’ve asked you directly no less than 3 times. [emoji1303]

Comment

As usual lots of folks here know the inner workings of just about everything. I read a lot but couldn't really say what goes on inside any.

Most every organization or club I've every been in or a part of has a core of people that are self serving. Let's face it, those core people are "politicians". That's why there are sites like charity navigator.

Think the NRA is useless. Wait until they're gone. Don't like Wayne? Get involved and move him out.
                              Last edited by Kossetx; 02-10-2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

NRA- life member
                                GOA- life memeber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X