When will the ammo shortage end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    when the next Republican president gets elected.
    Didn't the shortage develop under a republican administration?

Comment

I think we'll know within the first hundred days.
      Already covid is a non issue. Football stadiums full with no social distancing or masks. Financial institutions sending out emails the lobbies have reopened the same day as the inauguration.
      We'll see how they test the waters very soon and what kind of fight the whipped party puts up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Two years is what I’m hearing from some of the ammo manufacturers but that’s their guess.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by quackerbox View Post
          so, never

sent from my sm-g970u using tapatalk
          this ^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
            Or 4 years before that when the first major shortage hit in 2009?

It typically takes a year or so to settle out but Covid has been the monkey wrench in all of this. Ammo shortage started long before the election
            I had no problem buying ammo anywhere before Rona hit. The ammo manufacturers have been hit with Rona in the plants as well as raw materials shortages. It doesn't help that there have been 7 million new gun owners estimated this year. If each person bought 100 rounds, that's 700 million rounds of ammo that have to be added to the market in a shortage already.

Comment

Wait until everyone gets that 1400 dollars and buys a new gun or 2 with it. They are going to need ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Was Covid the wrench or the Floyd riots starting? I don't remember a drop-off early in the year until folks started getting scared during the riots.
                Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                I think it was the rona coupled with the riots.
                When the first rounds of panic buying on TP started last March is when I saw folks starting to stock pile ammo

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  If you take the flippers, hoarders and panickers out of the equation, there’s ammo on the shelf next week.
                  Exactly

Comment

I saw this coming and started casting my own projectiles. It’s not terribly expensive to start and if you reload it’s kinda fun to produce your own rounds. Not precision ammo but with some studying and trial you can get decent results.

Comment

When people realize they're just as dumb for hoarding ammo as they were for buying all the toilet paper up.

Comment

I'm thinking about buying one of those 30 caliber BB guns. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          When people realize they're just as dumb for hoarding ammo as they were for buying all the toilet paper up.
                          dumb for hoarding ammo? ammo can always be used as a form of currency. would have been pretty smart to hoard about 100k of rounds 2 years ago and sell it now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some things don't add up. They ammo makers say they are producing more than ever; but the usual stores are not getting but a fraction of what they used to get.
                            I also would like to see the big stores limit it to 1 box per customer.
                            As a last resort quit making so many different calibers and concentrate on 3.

22lr.
                            30-30
                            300 win mag
                            If they would do this I would stop biatching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                              Some things don't add up. They ammo makers say they are producing more than ever; but the usual stores are not getting but a fraction of what they used to get.
                              I also would like to see the big stores limit it to 1 box per customer.
                              As a last resort quit making so many different calibers and concentrate on 3.

22lr.
                              30-30
                              300 win mag
                              If they would do this I would stop biatching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It adds up perfectly... Big stores are selling out every shipment. Not adding 5 boxes here and 10 boxes there to an existing inventory. They are ordering the max they can and hope some of it is filled. The ammo mfgers are trying to fill max orders every day. Not some small 10-15 piece order from Mom and Pop's gun store or a normal order from the big box store during non-panic days. New shooters seems to be a big culprit....Ive seen quotes of 4-5 million of them...buying ammo...that's a lot of demand. My wife is one of them We have been shooting a lot lately trying to get her ready for her CHL. With that I have been shooting more than normal as well.. So there's two folks affected by one new shooter so you can probably add another 2 million to that 4-5 number for folks affected by new shooters. Throw in the scalpers and panic folks and its a recipe for what you see production and inventory wise.... Hopefully it tapers off soon like TP..

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                if you take all the tbh’ers out of the equation, there’s ammo on the shelf next week.

fify.

Comment

Working...
                                X