No announcement yet.

Who has Alexa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - have the big one with the screen in the kitchen and a dot in the bedroom to control the lights and fan.

Never noticed anything that I was discussing with the better half pop up on my newsfeed or whatever.

To each their own!

Comment

I got one for Christmas with 2 WiFi plugs - and then I bought 4 extra.

One turns the TV on and off, the other turns the floor fan on and off when I’m laying on the couch.

Wife is always upstairs watching her programs in the living room, I’m downstairs in the family room watching mine - while wearing Bluetooth headphones.

Alexa doesn’t hear squat in my house.

Comment

I have one and love it. I feel sorry for whoever is “spying” on me. Life is short and my family loves Alexa so I try to enjoy the little things that bring some happiness. The jokes, music, adding to shopping list, and we always get a kick out of turning the lights on and off. Just my two cents

Comment

I’m amazed at how easily some willingly give up what little bit of privacy we have left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            Mine is a Droid but wife has it happen on her iPhone as well.

I don’t use hey Siri, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

I’ve never had any kind of ads or anything pop up about what I was talking about.

My wife has FB and there’s always stuff showing up that she’s talked about.

Comment

Are you saying something you shouldn't. There are listening devices everywhere, just walk thru Lowes or HD and look at a tool. I bet you get an ad pop on that tool, it has happened to me several time. I do have an Alexa but I think it's unplugged, I haven't seen or heard it in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I’m amazed at how easily some willingly give up what little bit of privacy we have left.

Sadly, at this point I think it makes little, if any, difference. There are speakers on devices all around.
                I just make it a point every now and then to let them know THAT I KNOW.

My kids have even started saying, “hey government, listen to this....” “you hear that government...?...” “I know you’re listening, Zuckerturd...”

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  Are you ok that it's always "listening"?

I'm not a tinfoil guy, but I'm not inviting that into my home.
                  What are you saying you don't want them to hear?...LOL

Comment

Just asked Alexa what she thought and she told me not to worry so all is good.

Comment

It is not just the listening, your phone is being tracked all the time. It doesn't matter if location is turned off, it knows what isle in Walmart you are in and how long you stayed in one place, like the ammo counter. lol The hammers don't have listening devices but the phone knows you were hovering next to them for a time.
                      A few years ago I found a dead guy that was shot up by the Mexican Mafia, they pin pointed my location and shut my phone down so I couldn't use it. A big red alert came on my phone letting me know and that my phone was disabled until further notice....where is the privacy? ha.

Comment

No thanks on Alexa. I have two working legs and can operate lights and fans just fine. And I can play music on my fancy phone.

Comment

Originally posted by darralld View Post
                          What are you saying you don't want them to hear?...LOL
                          Don't really think that's the point.

Comment

I've got them all over the house. Whoever is on the other side listening to us is probably really really bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              I've got them all over the house. Whoever is on the other side listening to us is probably really really bored.
                              ^^^^ same for us.

Comment

I’m on the fence about it. Don’t have social media to see ads so I guess I kinda don’t want em listening - but I guess I don’t really care if they are? I agree my phone prolly already is?? I dunno. I don’t lose sleep about it but I can live with out Alexa.

Comment

Working...
                                X