Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    I have been through this small claims court BS. I won a $5,000 judgement. Placed liens on his home and his business. I never saw a dime.
    How does that happen? You just keep dodging payments until the statute of limitations runs out and then your off the hook?

Comment

That tie-down job is painful to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        How does that happen? You just keep dodging payments until the statute of limitations runs out and then your off the hook?
        You don't have to pay unless it's court ordered. The guy in my case filed bankruptcy. I thought for sure I was going to get payed out of that. The bank(s) foreclosed on his properties and that was the end of my liens. I contacted my lawyer and he straight up told me it would cost more than $5,000 to get $5,000.

Comment

Just my opinion that most wrecker drivers are brainless vultures..... even if it was a legit repo, how and why would you be so stupid and careless. Someone would obviously sell it at some point.

Comment

Any update to this OP?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Any update to this OP?
              No kidding!

After reading 5 pages worth, what happened?

Comment

Castle law????? Screw repo companies.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of any update. The whole situation gave me a really bad taste for our civil courts system and the Alvin PD's lack of responsibility.

After I won the case in JP Court in Alvin, the owner of the repo company decided to blow me off. He waited until the last day possible to file an appeal bond with the Brazoria County Court and did. I didn't receive any notice of this either. At this point I couldn't even file a judgement on him and the company. I got with an attorney and ****** away about $700 for this information to no end. I found out that even if I won the case again in County Court I couldn't go after more than the JP Court's original judgement, and he still didn't have to pay-up if he chose not to. Taking it to court again would cost me $2500 and up.

I decided to talk to my insurance company again about the issue. They told me basically to "hold my beer and watch this". They cut me a check for the parts and labor quotes and had it in my hand in less than 2 weeks. I lost out on about $2400 plus the $700 in legal fees, but it's done. They are going after him or his insurance company. It sucks that the situation was what it was. Most of us would be "stand up" and pay our responsibilities and debts, but I'd assume most repo companies aren't too concerned with public image.
                  Last edited by Wampuscat; 04-10-2020, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the 'rest of the story'.

It does suck for you.

It sounds like though that the system is setup so that the repo company can just keep on doing what they do - no downside.

And that sucks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                      Sorry for the lack of any update. The whole situation gave me a really bad taste for our civil courts system and the Alvin PD's lack of responsibility.

After I won the case in JP Court in Alvin, the owner of the repo company decided to blow me off. He waited until the last day possible to file an appeal bond with the Brazoria County Court and did. I didn't receive any notice of this either. At this point I couldn't even file a judgement on him and the company. I got with an attorney and ****** away about $700 for this information to no end. I found out that even if I won the case again in County Court I couldn't go after more than the JP Court's original judgement, and he still didn't have to pay-up if he chose not to. Taking it to court again would cost me $2500 and up.

I decided to talk to my insurance company again about the issue. They told me basically to "hold my beer and watch this". They cut me a check for the parts and labor quotes and had it in my hand in less than 2 weeks. I lost out on about $2400 plus the $700 in legal fees, but it's done. They are going after him or his insurance company. It sucks that the situation was what it was. Most of us would be "stand up" and pay our responsibilities and debts, but I'd assume most repo companies aren't too concerned with public image.
                      what about speaking out on social media. Id be happy to leave a comment lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post

After I won the case in JP Court in Alvin, the owner of the repo company decided to blow me off. He waited until the last day possible to file an appeal bond with the Brazoria County Court and did. I didn't receive any notice of this either. At this point I couldn't even file a judgement on him and the company.
                        You can't file a judgement because:
                        a. he waited until last day, you got no notice and time ran out?

or

b. the appeal bond stops all judgement?

either way, the system sucks.

Comment

Sorry it ended like it did. Hopefully one day the SOB messes with THAT guy & gets what he deserves.

Comment

I wonder if the owner of the tow company and the JP have any ties?

Comment

You have a crooked JP and disreputable towing company you need to expose on all social media available.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                I wonder if the owner of the tow company and the JP have any ties?

Probably performed tows for the sheriffs office for arrests made.

Comment

Working...
                                X