Spine Calculators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spine Calculators?

Who uses them and how accurate have they been for you in the real world?

I've been using the qSpine app for the last year and it seems to be pretty dang close. Never check the FPS it gives vs a chrono though.

In trad world a lot of us use the Stu Miller Dynamic Spine Calculator. It adds some variables that are exclusive to trad bows eg: they are not center shot like a compound. I have found it really helpful when building new arrow. The calculator gets me close then I tweak it a bit more through bareshaft tuning

Comment

I’ve used Archers Advantage Online. $10 per year. Gives you est FPS. Once I put actual chrono’d speed in, spine ended up being stiffer than initially estimated. I tinkered a lot with points, inserts, and FOC. I’ve paid for it for a couple years now.

Comment

They are pretty good if used properly. Garbage in = Garbage out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Victory has a decent one for free on their website. I use the pinwheel app on my phone..

Comment

That’s the good thing about bows. You can tune them. Spine programs are fancy spine charts.

Most have a pretty good range of what’s Acceptable. Only advantage to programs are for people that shoot more then 125gr tip.

Even ontarget puts arrow on the stiff side.

Comment

Working...
            X