Trouble with old Mountaineer Archery bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with old Mountaineer Archery bow

Fairly new to archery, especially compound. On a tight budget in grad school so I bought an old mid-80's (I think) Mountaineer Archery for $50. Obviously not the best option but I just want to hunt pigs on public ground and it's archery only.

The Issue:
    I'm shooting tight groups, but they're not consistent in accuracy. Also, outliers are too common, which could be my shooting, but even some awesome-feeling releases will stray. I'm thinking that the fletching may be hitting the frame of the whisker biscuit, but if I move it in to clear that, it will definitely hit the riser. The whiskers are slightly messed up in that spot and paint has rubbed off the frame. I've previously had some trouble aligning the rest, but I thought I had it good. I'm using standard off the shelf carbon arrows with 2" tall fletching.

Question:
    Does anyone know if bows in the 80's were just not made to handle 2" tall fletching? It seems to be by far the most common these days, but maybe back then it was very uncommon? Maybe a crazy question, but I've fooled with it enough that I can't imagine how to clear the rest and riser without using lower fletching.

Sent from my AGM X2 using Tapatalk

I had an older browning bow and due to the shelf design I was very limited to a plunger style rest and it was common for the fletching to contact the riser.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
      I had an older browning bow and due to the shelf design I was very limited to a plunger style rest and it was common for the fletching to contact the riser.
      Good to know. Thanks

Sent from my AGM X2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X