Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minn Kota Ulterra Questions

Sorry for the lengthy post...

About four months ago, I bought the Ulterra with Mega DI Built in and have a Huminbird Helix Gen 1 SI at the console and the Helix Mega DI up front. I have a Tracker 175TF that I added a battery to make it the 24 volt system. I have them all linked with the box, dongles, etc.
    Yesterday, I took it all out for the first time. I calibrated (drove the circle 2 times) and have the Ulterra paired with the puck.
    I tried the spot lock first and it didn’t work; beeped fast, from the remote and foot control. Never got it to work...
    I tried steering with the remote; wouldn’t work.
    The deploy/stow worked from the remote/pedal for a while, but eventually got stuck open. I think my batteries were too low for some Reason... Red battery at the top of the remote.
    I keep my boat on trickle charge and was only on the water a total of 4 hours... Does my charger support a 24 volt system in a 175TF?
    Also, I’m told my units were supposed to have more information on the screens about the Ulterra. All they showed was trim up/down and stow. Am I supposed to do something else to pair the units to the Ulterra and would that be why my spot lock doesn’t work; or would my low battery issue also affect the spot lock/steering from the remote issues, too?
    I’ll try and upload pics of my battery charger when I first upgraded the 24v system. It does show one battery low. Maybe I need to upgrade or use a 2 bank system with the 24 volt plus cranking battery?...
    I’m sure these issues are mostly me not understanding how to operate the system, but maybe someone here can point me in the right direction. I plan to call Minn Kota tomorrow when they open.
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tbuddyandroby; 12-08-2019, 05:43 PM.

You need to get a good battery charger for 24v system. That should solve your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      You need to get a good battery charger for 24v system. That should solve your problems.
      Thanks; do you think the battery issue would also cause spot lock not working?

Comment

Low battery doesnt effect mine.
        Mine is a 36 volt system. One dead battery might cause issues, are you sure the batteries are wired in a series and not parallel?
        Sometimes a cable from my unit will get hung under the foot pedal and not let the pedal move freely which kicks it out of spot lock. Also had the trolling motor strap layover the puck and cause it to loose signal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

No.. the battery should not interfere which the spot lock. I had to break down and read the directions on mine. You might want to repair the motor and the puck. The do the 2 circles once more. There are some good videos on you tube for the Ulterra. That is where I have learned most of the stuff about mine.

Comment

Sounds like you only have a 1 bank charger. You can’t charge the 2nd battery without a 2 bank or without swapping out the charger to the other battery.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. After talking with Minn Kota and Bass Pro, it looks like my factory battery charger is only a dual bank, and I need a 3 bank charger since I upgraded to a 24 volt plus the cranking battery. One Bass Pro rep mis-informed me and I failed to actually look Closely at the pics I took of my charger. Minn Kota said Any low power can interfere with All functions of the trolling motor, including spot lock, steering, stow/deploy, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X