HuntStand App ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HuntStand App ?

I’ve had Scoutlook for years and loved it. A few days ago it changed to HuntStand. I had to load the Huntstand App and transfer my pins over. Did that but I can’t get anything to work on it. Has anyone else done this ?

The transition didn't go well for me either. I tried emailing them but no response. I just canceled by subscription and switched to Onx.

Comment

Mine did same thing last week. Give it a few days or might do a sync on it.
      Scoutlook was a simple app and did everything I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinct View Post
        Mine did same thing last week. Give it a few days or might do a sync on it.
        Scoutlook was a simple app and did everything I wanted.
        I feel the same but mine did the transition without a hitch. I just don’t like it as much as I did Scoutlook. More complicated to use Imo.

Comment

I prefer HuntStand over Scoutlook. But I tried them both without having a lot into either.

If you are able to make it past this set back, you will probably like it better.

J

Comment

What is the main benefits of these hunting apps?

Comment

really liked scoutlook
              huntstand not so much

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                I probably don’t use mine to the full benefit, but you can locate all your stands on a satellite image and determine the wind direction. You just gotta be aware that it’s not 100% accurate. They pull their info from the weather service I’m sure and they aren’t 100% accurate either. It works for the most part and you can determine wind direction for a couple of days in advance but I don’t trust it beyond that. There are other functions also, like property lines and ownership, not always accurate, but as good as ON X You can trace an area, tell how many acres it is, draw a straight line from point A to B, tell how far it is. On the whole, I’d rather have it than not. There’s a free version, download it and try it, you might find it useful.

Comment

HuntStand is too legit to quit

Comment

My have to try it out

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                      I’ve had Scoutlook for years and loved it. A few days ago it changed to HuntStand. I had to load the Huntstand App and transfer my pins over. Did that but I can’t get anything to work on it. Has anyone else done this ?
                      Me too. Not near as user friendly unless I’m doing something wrong. But by the sounds of others comments, it’s just not that easy to navigate... PITA!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Create map of your stands, scout the area and save location of rubs, scrapes, trails, etc. Also, easily share map with others.

Comment

My transition wasnt as smooth as they made it sound. Basically only thing that really transfered was user name and log in had to go re-enter locations, stands, feeders, etc.

Comment

Here is a screenshot of our farm with stand locations. I use Huntstand a lot. I also hunt a big (6700 acres) Iowa DNR Wildlife Management Area about 10 miles from our farm. It really helps out over there

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used Huntstand for a long time and now I rely on it for my weather forecasts.

I really like the property lines and I can get really close to where the actual lines are.

Comment

Working...
                              X