No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty pumped up, snagged another small refuge rig boat for a great price, less then 5k good. 1544 gator trax with hunt deck so about 16.5 or so long . 2015 25hp fourstroke merc. Hopefully the teal keep showing up .
    Attached Files

Comment

one more pic of the new rig on trailer
      Attached Files

Comment

Early goose opener tomorrow in Okie land.
        Landowner that lets us hunt his place says the resident flock is now about 150 birds and showing up in the same field every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
          Got a case of bismuth to try this year.

is some serious money laying there ...

Comment

Well thats a solid report for you then, Good luck and post some pictures for us.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              is some serious money laying there ...
              it is, between early teal and regular duck season i will likely get 40 +/- hunts in this season.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                nice rig!

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                  I think you'll like that bismuth as it hits pretty hard, but I'd highly recommend you pattern it if you get the chance.

I shot their 3" 1 1/2 oz 4s last year and it took a lot more constriction than I initially thought it would to get them shooting right. I started out with a LM choke which threw great patterns at close range, but it took an IM to get the best density between 30-40 yards.

Long story short, the bismuth needs a tighter choke than steel to perform well at an equivalent range.
                  thanks for the info, i haven't had a chance to pattern yet

Comment

Where we set up our 4-H Rifle Range, Texas Premier Sporting Arms in Sealy, has a pattern board set up at 40yds on our rifle range. If you need a place to pattern your ammo.

Comment

hows it looking for early teal in north Texas yall? Saw some groups in east Texas but haven't seen much in NTX other than a handful 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Definitely ready to get on the ducks this year. Will be guiding for an outfitter around Katy and picking up some hunts for an outfitter in Eagle Lake. Should be a good season.

Ranger is in the shop getting a tune up and wheel bearings fixed. Need to find some lead to pour some weights, I was given close to 6 doz decoys that need rigging.
                        I've got a bit of work to do before big duck, but am ready to roll for teal.

Looking forward to watching the sunrise over the decoys.

Comment

Hoping for cold weather and good river levels up here. Last year wasn’t really one for the books, but we had some good times.

Blind at my grandmas farm is filled in with mud. It spent a couple weeks under about 9’ of water when we flooded this spring.

Comment

weatherman reports we've got a weak front moving in friday. not sure if it is making it into north texas a current forecast is 95 on friday for dallas with east winds. Then Saturday is 97 with east winds. But he showed it moving down into DFW.

We will see, we got some warm weather forecasted on the long range forecast and i'm not seeing any major fronts moving in soon.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a duck hunting rig let me know. I think I am going to sell mine. 16' SeaArk tunnel commercial series (diamond plate floors) hull with 70 yamaha. PM for more info.

I am really looking forward to sunrise over the bay with some cooler weather!

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                                How does the slick hull work with a standard outboard?

I've got a new to me tin boat I may swap hulls on

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X