Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memories of yesteryear..... how many remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldeneagle...where'd you go to school? My whole family is from the sunny south. great uncle owned the million item....remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Never saw a raslin match there, but I did see a Willie Nelson concert there in the 70's.
      I saw Willie there too. Heck, we might have seen each other.
      Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Used to watch them on TV with a bucket of popcorn.

I remember a wrestler named "Goldeneagle", never would of thought that was you!

Comment

I grew up in Mississippi and watching Georgia Championship Wrestling on TBS out of Atlanta. It was still some of the same guys, but more Freebirds than Von Ericks.

Also, Junkyard Dog, Dusty Roads, Ric Flair, Ted Dibiassi, and Mr. Wresting #2 was my favorite masked wrestler!

Comment

Wow... I haven't seen those faces in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Never saw a raslin match there, but I did see a Willie Nelson concert there in the 70's.
            me too

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMullet View Post
              Goldeneagle...where'd you go to school? My whole family is from the sunny south. great uncle owned the million item....remember that?
              I was actually raised in SW Dallas. Went to LA Stemmons Elementary, Stockard Jr High and TW Brown before we moved to Plano. The year I went to Brown was the year they started integrading the schools and everyone was bused all over. It was a very bad year. Riots broke out in the schools several times.

Comment

Saw Kerry Von Erich at the youth fair one year. It was towards then end of his career/life. He was HUGE, or at least seemed huge. I was about 12 or 13 at the time. I used to argue with my Dad about wrestling being fake. Turns out Dad was in fact smarter than me....go figure.

Comment

Here's ya'll another. Spent many hours racing slot cars in this place.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	broncobowl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	24121236

Comment

Learned how to open beer cans with a church key when I was 5yrs old while my dad bowled in the ol T.I. leagues at this place.

Name:	cottonbowl.jpg
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	24121237

Comment

ahhhh the bronco bowl !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        Here's ya'll another. Spent many hours racing slot cars in this place.
                        [ATTACH]396966[/ATTACH]
                        Is that the Bronco Bowl? Used to shoot leagues there, and see concerts there too. My cousins lived about 7 houses away from the Von Erics and we used to hang with them until they decided to play the "my dad is famous" card. Then we showed them where to kick rocks at!

Comment

Originally posted by HEADHUNTER71 View Post
                          ahhhh the bronco bowl !!!!
                          They had the coolest archery lanes I've ever seen.

Comment

Oh ya.... back when wres-lun was real fighting..... now they have that phony MMA!!
                            The Bronco Bowl was THE place! I bought my first brand new compound there, a Browning Explorer!! I thought it just could not get any better!

Comment

Remember when this was the tallest building in Dallas?

Name:	mobil.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	24121238

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                                Oh ya.... back when wres-lun was real fighting..... now they have that phony MMA!!
                                The Bronco Bowl was THE place! I bought my first brand new compound there, a Browning Explorer!! I thought it just could not get any better!
                                Bronco Bowl was about the coolest place in the world. They had everything. Archery, slot cars, indoor golf driving range..... oh yeah and bowling.

Comment

Working...
                                X