Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memories of yesteryear..... how many remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memories of yesteryear..... how many remember?

We got to talkin here at the shop about memories of our youth. Well growing up in S.Dallas, not many of my memories are good one's. But, probably my fondest memory was Friday nights. Once a month the neighbor across the street from us would take us boy's down to the Sportatorium for some wrastlin. How many of Ya'll remember these?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sportatorium.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	24925547

Name:	vonerics.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	24925548

Name:	theclaw.jpg
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	24925549

Name:	Andre%20and%20Dusty.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	24925550

Name:	kabuki2.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	24925551

Name:	Freebirds.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	24925552

Name:	brody.jpg
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	24925553

Name:	ricflair.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	24925554

Name:	adams-chris021.jpg
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	24925555

Name:	Mantell.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	24925556

The Silver Tongued Devil Dusty Rhodes...

Comment

I do!

Comment

That the Great Kabuki? The Freebirds, and of course the stylin, profylin, kiss stealing, limo riding, jet flyin, wheelin dealin son of a #^**% Whoaaaaa Ric Flair

Comment

True story:
          Lowake Inn out near San Angelo had world class steak.....famous nationally. They came up with a promotion.....a huge platter completely covered with sirloin, plus all the trimmings. If you finish the whole meal, it's on the house. Dory Funk and his wrestling cronies showed up out there and all ate their free meal. Lowake Inn promptly cancelled the deal.

I wasn't a wrestling fan but growing up in San Angelo you couldn't help but know a lot about wrestling. The old Community Gym was the site.....became the YMCA later on.

Comment

Ttt and a bump hoss.

Comment

how bout king Kong Bundy
              Attached Files

Comment

Met almost every one of those guys at one time or another except the Von Erichs. Used to be a midsouth wrestling school in Alexandria, La. and a lot of those guys either went there or wrestled at the Alexandria, coliseum. The Freebirds, Rock and Roll Express, and the Rat Pack used to hangout at a night club named The Lighthouse. Bunch of crazy guys no doubt. One of the nicest guys I ever met was Junk Yard Dog.
                Front row seats every Tuesday night with my dad at the coliseum. That was until he got angry at Danny Hodge one evening, stood up, and knocked him out with a punch between the eyes when he exited the ring and started running around ringside tormenting fans. We were barred for a short time after that. I must have been all of about ten years old when that happened. Lots of great memories watching those little old ladies scream at ringside.

Comment

I remember playing the Von Erichs on the trampoline!

Comment

I remember them.

Comment

I remember going to the local high school in Oregon and watching Portland Wrestling. It was great. Remember seeing Billy Jack Hayes - The honky Tonk man - it was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Met almost every one of those guys at one time or another except the Von Erichs. Used to be a midsouth wrestling school in Alexandria, La. and a lot of those guys either went there or wrestled at the Alexandria, coliseum. The Freebirds, Rock and Roll Express, and the Rat Pack used to hangout at a night club named The Lighthouse. Bunch of crazy guys no doubt. One of the nicest guys I ever met was Junk Yard Dog.
                        Front row seats every Tuesday night with my dad at the coliseum. That was until he got angry at Danny Hodge one evening, stood up, and knocked him out with a punch between the eyes when he exited the ring and started running around ringside tormenting fans. We were barred for a short time after that. I must have been all of about ten years old when that happened. Lots of great memories watching those little old ladies scream at ringside.
                        My uncle went to HS with Fritz. They played football together and stayed lifelong friends. I've been out to the Von Erics home in Lake Dallas a few times when my uncle was in town. Very nice people. It's a real shame how the family just self destructed.

Comment

I still do "the Rick Flair" while shooting dice. WOOOOOOOOOOH

Comment

Here's a couple for Texas Tracker. How bout it Rig, how many days did you spend here?

Name:	5988032-belly014.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	24121213

Name:	yellabellybx%2084.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24121214

Comment

I have a cousin who wrestled with them under the name of Solomon Grundy from Pigsnuckle Kentucky.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348754429.568870.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	24121212

My parents took me and a bunch of my friends to Billy Bobs to watch them one night. We were 11 or 12 and they were splitting the show with the GLOW women. We got to go back stage after the event and meet them all. We relive that night ever time me and those buddies get together. Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                              X