Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your bow is too slow

Comment

I wanna see a pic of the East Tx bruiser!

Comment

Originally posted by Bretto22 View Post
        Well this Morning it happened. Been after an East Texas bruiser for 2 years. Never saw him in person and never a daylight pic of him. This Mornin out of no where here he comes. He knew something wasn’t right and was easing around me but presented me a 43yd shot. I settle my pin and release, his belly nearly hits the ground and I watch my arrow deflect right off the top of his back. My stomach is in knots and I still feel like I could throw up at any moment. Back to the old saying I guess that’s why they call it hunting and not killing!! Guess I’m fixn just go ahead and mix one up and celebrate seeing him instead of killing him!!
        Hey! You saw a trophy buck and got a shot! That's big. Don't fret, know you know he moves during the day, go get him.

Comment

Bummer.

At first I thought maybe you were watching the Texans. I was going to chime in.

Comment

Just be glad you aren't hunting in Grayson co or the locals would demand you quit hunting for the year.

Since you are in east tx..I say get back in the saddle

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
              Bummer.

At first I thought maybe you were watching the Texans. I was going to chime in.
              and the Saints too!

Comment

I know it was a long shot, with that being said I’ve shot deer farther then that with my bow. No doubt I felt confident in my ability, it just didn’t work out for me this time!! Write it up as a failed opportunity in my book and keep on grinding!! In the end I’m still doing what I love to do and if I never see him again so be it, there’s plenty more in the woods!!

Your abilities were never questioned. 43 is a chip shot on a deer sized 3D target. What was pointed out is a deers ability to be somewhere else by the time your arrow gets there.

Comment

Maybe you’ll catch back up to him

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                    I wanna see a pic of the East Tx bruiser!
                    X2

Comment

Well this Morning it happened. Been after an East Texas bruiser for 2 years. Never saw him in person and never a daylight pic of him. This Mornin out of no where here he comes. He knew something wasn’t right and was easing around me but presented me a 43yd shot. I settle my pin and release, his belly nearly hits the ground and I watch my arrow deflect right off the top of his back. My stomach is in knots and I still feel like I could throw up at any moment. Back to the old saying I guess that’s why they call it hunting and not killing!! Guess I’m fixn just go ahead and mix one up and celebrate seeing him instead of killing him!!

Sometimes just seeing up close is better than killing. You have the opportunity to see him again now and appreciate what he means to you.
                      Killing is final and will be just a memory after a short time. You have something to look forward to. Enjoy the ride and anticipation....even if you never get to kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Just be glad you aren't hunting in Grayson co or the locals would demand you quit hunting for the year.

Since you are in east tx..I say get back in the saddle
                        Hahahahaha! That's the **** truth.

To the OP, might I suggest a rifle next time. 43 yards is a chip-shot.

Comment

Originally posted by FowlTrouble View Post
                          Sometimes just seeing up close is better than killing. You have the opportunity to see him again now and appreciate what he means to you.

Killing is final and will be just a memory after a short time. You have something to look forward to. Enjoy the ride and anticipation....even if you never get to kill him.

May be the best way I’ve ever seen it said! Kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I made a bad shot at a buck a couple years ago. He didn't drop much, I just forgot to bend at the waist. Shot about an inch over him. Shot him 3 weeks later from the box stand at that spot with a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by FowlTrouble View Post
                              Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Your abilities were never questioned. 43 is a chip shot on a deer sized 3D target. What was pointed out is a deers ability to be somewhere else by the time your arrow gets there.
                                I never said anyone questioned my ability did I? I just was stating I felt confident in my ability to kill at that distance bc I’ve done it bf!! I feel some just have to make comments like this to see what kind of drama y’all can get started!!

Comment

Working...
                                X