No announcement yet.

Poll for the married men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One and done here. Married at 25 and 30 years later still happy to have found her. Only one rough patch and that was just me being a huge DA!

Comment

Struck gold the first time. Didn’t get married until 32. We both knew what we did and didn’t want. Had a lot of conversations that most couples don’t even think about before getting married. Been married happily 18 years now and it has had its good times and it’s bad times. We make it work and work at making it that way.

Comment

Wife and I have been married for nine. Between foster care, crazy families, multiple family members having breakdowns…. We have been through it but she is a rock for me and I am a rock for her. She purposely spends time outdoors not because she likes all of it but because I do. I spend time around dance/ballet…. Because she enjoy it. Marriage is give and take. We have a lot of the same morals and a lot of different ideas…. Heck I wouldn’t want to be married to a mirror image of myself. God is the glue that holds us together and I pray I love her as Christ loves me.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Struck gold the first time. This will be my only time. I couldn’t be this fortunate twice in a row.
          Pretty much sums it up for me also.

Rwc

Comment

We met at 18 and 16 years old. Married at 21 and 18. That was 19 years ago and it has been incredibly tough at times, including having lawyers hired to end it at one point. Always decided to stick together and work through it. This was within the first 8 or 9 years, last 10 have been very nice.

Comment

Married at 22. Married for 13 years now. Got it right the first time.

Divorce was never an option for either of us. I think most people see divorce as a valid option if at some point it is not fun anymore. A lot probably expect that giddy honeymoon phase to last forever and quit when it ends. The scary thing about marriage is it takes two people. You can do everything right and the other person can go off the rails and ruin everything. I feel like marriage success rate is likely lower if either or both people come from a family that was divorced.

Comment

I've been married for almost 15 years, our marriage isn't perfect but she is. We make a great team. I couldn't imagine life without her.

Comment

I got married at 23 and we have hitched almost 18 years. We are best friends who learned early on to communicate with each other and to give more than we take. That works well for us. She's an introvert and is super organized and serious. I am an extrovert with the attention span of a jack Russell terrior, who loves to play all the time. She helps keep me on focused and one my toes & I make sure she's not a stick in the mud and has a little fun in life. There has never been a day of my marriage that I have ever questioned my decision to marry her. (All my family have questioned her poor decision making of choosing me as her husband for years. I probably am her biggest fail. But, i believe she would agree with me that she has no regets.) I hope I am blessed enough to spend many many more years with her.

Comment

My wife and I have been friends since 5th grade but didn’t date until our freshman year in college, but I honestly knew in junior high that she was the girl I would marry. We got engaged after 3 months of dating and got married at 20. If we make it to June, it’ll be 34 years married and 36 together.

In my opinion, the primary reason many marriages fail is they have no solid foundation and are based on lust and not love. My wife and I decided when we first started dating that we were waiting until marriage to have s*x, and out of all the decisions I’ve made and things I have faced in life, that’s been the hardest to follow through on. I believe our marriage has been blessed for it though.

Comment

Married for 14yrs been together for 20yrs. Neither of us chose very well, in the beginning of our relationship. We were both young, dumb and selfish! We “woke up” and decided to use our marriage as God designed marriage to be. Since then, about 7yrs ago, we’ve grown together as individuals and in marriage. Our marriage has been a blessing in A LOT of ways to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Married the person G-d put on this earth for me. I knew it was her nearly as soon as we met. I love her more everyday. 3 beautiful kids. Together for 38 years married for 33. Grew up almost next door to each other but didn’t date until college.

Comment

Poll for the married men

Struck misery on #1. Married almost 2 years at the end of my college days and she flipped a weird *** switch soon after we were married. Long story but I ended up filing.

Struck gold on #2… 25 years as of last January. We are very opposite in our main hobbies (except she does love to cross some fish’s eyes[emoji23]) but very much alike in our humor and personalities. She was sweet, quiet and innocent when I met her but being around the three Smart brothers made her a firecracker [emoji23]. She learned quick and can hang with the best of them . [emoji41]. The time spent apart in our hobbies, to me, makes the heart grow fonder. Blessed to have found her.

Interesting that I mention this same thing in the chicken chili /SOS thread [emoji23]
                          Last edited by Smart; 03-15-2023, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Struck gold the first time. Been happily married for 53 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                              Struck gold the first time. Been happily married for 53 years.
                              That is awesome! Y’all are blessed and a great example

Comment

Started dating in high school dated 8 years total. This will be year 24 for marriage. Ups and downs along the way when one of us is down the other is always there. We also work together offices are 10 feet apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X