Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite hunting day of the year (in your area)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening day of Teal Season. Love the chaos those little rice rockets can cause.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
      Last weekend in October is always best!
      You don't hunt[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I always plan on being in a tree the last Saturday of bow season before rifle season begins. I hunt mostly in Houston County in East Texas.

Comment

October 18th for the past several years

Comment

Opening day of Dove season. Don't care where or how hot. I finally am out and can shhot something.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Opening weekend. When it's really hot and everyone is bitchin about how hot it is.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              And all the complaining of about skeeters.

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                I was reading this thinking....****, where in Texas is this???
                Ahh crap, good catch. Thought I had that.

Comment

Any day I get to hunt, especially elk hunting.

Comment

NW OK bow and rifle hunt. If I have to pick ONE day, I guess it would probably be Nov 5th. If I can make it, I try to do Oct 31st through Nov 7th for bow. Rifle season always starts Saturday before Thanksgiving and rut is usually winding down by then. It's been late the last few years.

Comment

Magic in South Texas is the week leading up to Christmas... jus' somethin' 'bout that brush country that gets in yore blood! O'course, bein' from East Texas, sure do like them Halloween bucks too!

Comment

I hunt an area that has five subspecies of whitetail where the season goes through February 10th because the rut is way late. I’d say MLK day at our camp is when the Big Boys start making mistakes and winter is full on maybe a snow.

Not sure what an MLK day is but thats my favorite.

Comment

I rarely see deer no matter what day/week it is so my choice is based on comfort. For me that means the first morning with a low of 45-50 degrees. Cool enough to have to wear an extra layer but not so cold you have to really bundle up. And no skeeters!

Comment

the whole opening weekend of deer season. for the most part the whole group is together. good food, beverages and socializing. it's 90 degrees here and i would go out there now.

Comment

the week between Christmas and New Years Day!

Comment

I never miss Oct. 31 or Nov. 16. I hunt Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, and Collin County.

Comment

Working...
                                X