Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nappy boar draws the unlucky straw......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nappy boar draws the unlucky straw......

I've been battling a BIG smart boar and a big group of regular sized pigs busting me or no showing a lot lately at this place and I have talked strategy on end with Fishndude and BoneThug ....So we decided to hell with the stealth and clean approach, I was going to do the ol Fishndude full sack of corn "chum"(minus the words/ phrases) and walk all over the feeder area to get my stink all over the place Wednesday to see how they would react. They were in by 4p right after I left and ate like kings....so I decided to do the same exact thing yesterday evening before the hunt. I drove in, walked all over the feeder area throwing out a sack of corn and put my stuff in my box. Drove the truck down about 400 yards, walked back in quietly, got in the stand and kept all my windows shut until it was shooting time. They followed the script from the day before to a T...although I was surprised to see that my one big group of 16-18 was actually two big groups of 16-18 as you'll see in the video. I waited a bit because I wanted them to get settled before I opened the window so they didn't spook. The noise you hear in the video is me opening actually opening it and one of the pigs didn't like that. Gotta fix that creaking in the deerview.. Unfortunately for the video I was shooting through a foggy window and there is a haze over it. I stayed on top of it all afternoon and thought it was handled but I guess it fogged up some when I opened the window and was trying to draw. I let down twice because they would not stop moving long enough for me to settle in or the one I was aiming at would have a pig or three cross in front of it and it would then turn. I wanted broadside to shoot through the V and I wanted a sow so I was a little too patient.. Anyway after draw #2, I said whichever one stands still long enough, is getting the arrow. The medium sized nappy haired boar drew the unlucky straw out of 36 pigs. The Grim Reaper Micro Hybrid slung out of the Traverse went through the deadly V and lodged in the opposite shoulder. You can see him run off dragging that oppo leg and stumbled breaking my arrow. He went 90 yards and died. Good blood and good pig. Love this pig hunting. There is no how old, how big, or who am I gonna **** off by shooting this.....It's "see a pig and shoot a pig!" No wonder FND and others prefer bowhunting them...lol ...Good to get out in the woods again after being locked up in the house in an exposure quarantine..

Video at end

Click image for larger version

Name:	TBH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	25238274

Name:	TBH1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	25238275

Name:	TBH 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	25238276

Name:	TBH3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	25238277

Name:	TBH 4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	25238278

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUWNKBlDc2s"]Big Nappy Jr - 1/7/21 - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Smart; 01-08-2021, 10:59 AM.

great video and nice hog!

Comment

congrats Jason

Comment

You do good work sir.

Rwc

Comment

That feeder threw like 8 bags of corn!

Nice shootin though. He gone!

Comment

Holy cow that’s a lot of pigs. Good shoot!

Comment

You might have a hog problem. Great shot, congrats!

Comment

Chumming em in

Comment

Thanks fellas! It was a good time. Long overdue here..

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  Holy cow that’s a lot of pigs. Good shoot!
                  Yes it is...was surprised to see our one big group on camera was actually two. They all look the same..

Originally posted by SHOOTNSTR8 View Post
                  You might have a hog problem. Great shot, congrats!
                  LOL...I don't see a problem...I see target opportunities.

Comment

Nice! Love hog hunting!!

Comment

Good eating!

Comment

Perfect shot with your “adolescent teen with mild behavioral problems” arrow!!! Perfect! Great video too!

Comment

Good write up and video. Keep after em.

Comment

Nice wright up and nice shot. I agree pig hunting is so much fun.

If you have oak trees on your lease you might want to try spot and stalk when the acorns start dropping. Come in slow and down wind and you can get close enough for a shot. At least some times.

Comment

Great shooting Smart

Always blows my mind to see that many big pigs running together and makes me wonder why they don't break into smaller groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X