You guys ever rented a Bull Dozer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys ever rented a Bull Dozer

Had a second dozer guy flake out on me. I am thinking about renting one and doing some dirt moving myself.

What is the learning curve for driving a dozer. I have driven a tractor and backhoe all my life but never a dozer.

Will I just be spinning my tracks?
    Last edited by HuntForHorns; 03-06-2021, 09:08 PM.

Lost me at wheels....

Comment

That being said go for it

Comment

Not hard at all to figure out.

Comment

If you can operate a backhoe it wouldn’t take you long at all to get the hang of a dozer

Comment

Dozer is pretty simple similar to skid steer operations. Case dozer operates as follows F-N-R on left joy stick control the speed with a foot pedal and blade is operated with right joystick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just take it slow on the corners!

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                Had a second dozer guy flake out on me. I am thinking about renting one and doing some dirt moving myself.

What is the learning curve for driving a dozer. I have driven a tractor and backhoe all my life but never a dozer.

Will I just be spinning my tracks?
                What are you trying to do? If you're trying to build a level pad site it's hard for a novice. If you're just wanting to push stuff around...go for it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Learning to drive one is not hard at all. Learning how to do the work you want to do correctly on the fly would be the tricky part.

Comment

When you are able to back up where you just made a push without knocking your teeth out and getting whiplash, you will be on the way to becoming a dozer 'driver'.

Comment

Just do it!! We rented one to do some work on our deer lease and that thing was fun! Lol

Comment

Easy to drive, but it will take you twice as long, if not more, to get the job done. You will enjoy every minute of it and wish it took longer. Your project will expand and you will search out numerous other projects to get more seat time. You will start considering the purchase of one and spend hours upon hours searching heavy equipment trader. Then after buying your first you will search out the addition of other pieces. Your wife will start wondering why you're gone all the time, why you're suddenly missing meals and coming in past dark. Depending on your wife, she will get excited or straight up slap you when you tell her you bought a hoe. Depending on the response you may ask her if she wants to ride the hoe. This is the last page of the story for now.

You better have a good plan and/or big tractors available if you are working around water. Getting a 20 to 30 ton machine unstuck is not fun.

Price of rental is about double to triple what they show online due to required insurance and transportation. It is worth it if you use it nonstop for a week, but more cost effective to hire an experienced operator if you are just able to use on weekends.

Comment

The dozer operator we used in the past would let me operate his. I’ve probably put 10 hours on his dozer over a weeks time. It’s easy to learn how to operate them. But extremely difficult to learn how to master them. Clearing brush no problem, grading a road not so much.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

As a lifetime operator, I’m LMAO at some of these comments........

Comment

Working...
                              X