Key West ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key West ???

I need some TBH Advice , Thoughts , Places ... I am getting Married this year an we been talking about just going and doing it then come home and have a wedding party at our house . Key West is lookin like our Destination , Flying into Miami an renting a car an driving down to the Keys . Air Fair an Car are no problem , I need some Recommendations on Places to stay , We would like to be on the Beach but not a deal killer .....Have any of the TBH Folks been there ? and if so can yall point me in the right Direction ? Any help is Much Appreciated ! And if Anybody has a Better place to get Married lets Hear It . Thanks in Advance !

Originally posted by BLAKJAX View Post
    I need some TBH Advice , Thoughts , Places ... I am getting Married this year an we been talking about just going and doing it then come home and have a wedding party at our house . Key West is lookin like our Destination , Flying into Miami an renting a car an driving down to the Keys . Air Fair an Car are no problem , I need some Recommendations on Places to stay , We would like to be on the Beach but not a deal killer .....Have any of the TBH Folks been there ? and if so can yall point me in the right Direction ? Any help is Much Appreciated ! And if Anybody has a Better place to get Married lets Hear It . Thanks in Advance !
    congrats

we were going to do this trip last october for our anniversary but covid....in for some ideas.

Comment

I used to stay at the El Rancho Motel and the Blue Marlin Motel during college and fishing trips. Would not recommend either for a wedding, LOL!
      The beach in Key West is actually not that great- there are much better beaches farther up the keys but it is a great place to party!
      Had a buddy get married at the Hemingway House and it was a very nice service.

Comment

Easy trip, nice drive south, small island, lots of bungalow type places with a fewer number of bigger choices. Not a ton to deaux....but it is a honeymoon so sure you can figure it out.[emoji898]
        Let her chose as there are about 50 blogs about it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sunset Key is the place to stay. Great place/food/location. Then again, I haven't been there since the last storm. Go back in several years when you have kids. ;-). My son loved Sloppy Joe's. . .

Comment

Key West isn’t really a beach destination. Further up the keys are some nice resorts that may fit your needs better.

Key West is good for people watching, drinking, riding around on a scooter and fishing.

Comment

"Sister Spare Change has a bumper sticker on the door--Jimmy Buffet he don't [sic] live in Key West anymore."

Sunset Key Cottages. I forgot the "Cottages" above.

Comment

Well Sounds Like we Need to look elsewhere , Thanks for the Reviews and Comments ! We are Still looking for a Great Place , Please Give Advice on Something Else . I am all Ears. We are Wanting something close to a Beach Because of Timing , Weather ... Looking at sometime in April or Early May to keep away from the Crowds . ... I posted this in the Wrong Place the first

Comment

We stayed at Parrot Key Hotel and it was pretty nice. Small beach area and they had a free shuttle to take us to different areas of the island.

Comment

We Stayed at Ocean Key for our Honeymoon..
                    Close to Everything and Enjoyed the Property...
                    It is the first Resort on Duval St. The Address is 0 Duval..
                    You can get to everything you want in Minutes..
                    Last edited by BigOh!; 01-28-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

If going to key west I would look to fly into key west. That is a long drive from Miami to key west

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                        If going to key west I would look to fly into key west. That is a long drive from Miami to key west
                        ^^This^^

Comment

We got married on a private beach in Hawaii. It was the easiest wedding to plan and execute. Our photographer was the planner, we literally chose from his places on where we could have it. Once we got there we spent about an hour with him at his home to plan the remainder. Prob could have do that part in 20 min or less. Questions consisted of: White, red, or mixture of flowers on the leis? Do you want the preacher to speak in English, Polynesian, or both? Video or no video? Sunset or sunrise? Etc.

If interested shoot me a PM and I can get you more info.

Also, beaches in Key West leave a lot to be desired....not a beach destination in my opinion.

Comment

Middle keys. Look up Hawks Cay Resort.

Been going to the Keys my entire life and can not stand Key West. It’s cramped, old and dirty. Not the beautiful Florida Keys that people think of.

What you see in video and pics is usually 7 Mile Bridge or Bahia Honda. THATS the Florida Keys to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X