Trapped my first raccoon but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now when the little raccoons gather round their campfires and tell scary stories they’ll tell the one about the old raccoon with one metal hand and the spooky sound of rattling chain.

Oops!

Comment

Made me laugh!!!

Comment

Been there....once!

Comment

nm I misread your post lol

Those suckers are masters at getting away. We had to start taking channel locks to the pens to tighten them down and then to remove them because they bang the traps on the legs so much they'd knock/work the hand-tightened EZ link open....that gets expensive. We probably have 5-6 hanging traps on the mantles of our three legged bandit-faced corn thieves with a story to tell..

Last edited by Smart; 01-16-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Happened to me the first time I used the Dukes traps. Didn’t tighten down the chain link, and it got loose. Kept looking for a 3 legged coon, but never saw it.

Comment

Yep.

Learned that lesson the hard way as well.

They will sit there and coonfinger just about anything until they break it.

Comment

I have 2 dozen pics of him working it off the rebar i staked it in with. I’ll post after I get back to civilization.

Next time I think I’ll run a lag screw into a tree instead.

Comment

We have two bounty coons running around with two of our Dukes traps We've all chipped into a pot & who ever get the thieves wins the pot

Comment

I had two get away and then found both of them hung the chain on the hog panels on their way out. I got the last laugh

Comment

Trap too big?

Comment

It will get that trap hung in a tree somewhere for sure haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had a few gnaw their foot off, but never get away with the trap!

Comment

This thread made me laugh. Had a coon pull a dukes trap out and make off with it. Three weeks later we had a hog hunter sitting in a ladder stand when he heard this metal clanking sound off in the woods. Right before dark in came that coon to the feeder dragging that trap. The hunter figured I’d want my trap back so he arrowed him. Coon was plenty fat and hadn’t missed any meals due to his ball and chain !!

Comment

a couple of years ago I had a coon run off with a Dukes and a couple of months later I caught a coon with a bone nub front leg. same coon? I don't know but I like to think I get him

Comment

Working...
                              X