No announcement yet.

Pecos and surrounding counties 2020-2021 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple good deer that have been caught on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      I’m assuming your in the panhandle area?
      No, all those were Trans Pecos NW of Ft. Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
        No, all those were Trans Pecos NW of Ft. Davis
        I'm just not to seeing grass like that in our part of pecos co. Great deer

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
          Couple good deer that have been caught on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I completely agree on the range conditions. We started the spring good but horribly dry this summer except for the 3" we got in september but it's gone now. What part of the county you in? those are some great deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            Tuned in!

We just picked up 12K in Hall Co with mule deer. Pretty far from you though. We made our first visit 3 weeks ago and now have 14 feeders going and towers up. We have very little history on the place, so its been nerve racking learning so quickly.

I was told mule deer don't hit feeders, that BS. All my feeders are getting mule deer action with a few legal bucks.

We have so much to learn. Deer are hammering our feeders, but not too many bucks. Hopefully cold and rut changes that. But so far nothing to get exited about. This place has 30 water stations, and our numbers are very high. Just cant find any big boys.

We assume and been told the whitetails like the bottoms and mules like to open range.

I am thinking we start looking closer at the water stations. Its dry and we need rain. Plan of setting cameras on them soon.

Sean

I passed thru that area, between turkey and estilene Friday afternoon. Lots of mule deer about. Saw one very nice one bedded down on an open hill top. Was pulling a camper, so was unable to stop for a pic, but he was very tall and wide. Probably saw at least 75 total. Also saw a large flock of turkey in a wheat patch. Lots of deer camps on that highway.

Comment

Man I was offering day hunts for whitetail does with the option to shoot a mule deer buck out of our rifle blind and thought people would jump on the chance but I guess I was wrong. I know the odds weren't great but who knows. I have one guy coming after thanksgiving but he only seemed interested in does. Hopefully one shows up and changes his mind. If anyone here gets a muley this season, be sure and post pics.

Comment

Who’s bowhunting for Muleys when season opens?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  Who’s bowhunting for Muleys when season opens?
                  That’s our plan is to start out spot and stalk archery. If it ends up spot and stalk rifle I won’t be too disappointed. Just depends on where we find them and what terrain we are in whether an archery stalk is possible.

Comment

Good luck to everyone with the opener coming up. Whitetail rut should be in full swing for us. More looking forward to the last week of the season as the mulies should start getting frisky.

Comment

Good luck out there.

Comment

Like bird dogs in Pecos County

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Baiting em right into the truck! I like the way you think

Comment

That pic reminds me of a tale I heard from that area. The Wilson Ranch NW of Iraan had buffalo at one time (may still) but a pumper was checking his wells but had corn in the truck to fill his feeder a couple of pastures over, while he was gauging tanks he heard a noise. He looked down to see what was going on, one of those bull buffalo loaded himself into the back end of his Toyota pickup to munch a bit of corn! I was told he didn't even try to scare it off, just stood there and watched until the buffalo unloaded itself and walked off!

Comment

Originally posted by Collier View Post
                              Like bird dogs in Pecos County

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              Now that's how you do it!

Comment

Anyone put one down yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X