Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid- if you had it, how did you get over it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivermectin per your weight and Vit BCD WITH Zinc. Smell and taste come and go after 2 1/2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We make elderberry syrup with our honey. When my family tested positive we doubled up on the dosage. We lost our taste and smell and had fatigue, but other than that we were over it in about 5 days. The first few days we had had cold like symptoms with sore throat and head congestion. We still take our syrup every day.

Comment

Today is day 4 of symptoms. Feeling slightly better today. No cough, no fever, not as achey. Just fatigued.

O2 has stayed 96-99%

Comment

When I got back from 2nd elk rifle in colorado, I thought I just had allergies. Lots of sinus drainage/congestion, which turned into a mild cough. Well work said "you should go get tested, just in case" and I was positive
          I was already on sudafed D to dry me out, which it worked well. I tested on a thursday (11/5/20). On Friday and saturday I slept most of the day. And took some ibuprofen occasionally for headaches because I didn't get my normal amount of coffee.

The next week was bad dealing with the lethargy and a fuzzy head. Just didn't seem to be my normal cognitive self. Every once in a while I feel like I could really take a nap.....

beyond that I am back at work.

Comment

My wife, mom, and I tested positive for covid. We were over it quickly though and we think the below helped.
            My symptoms were: body aches (kept me up at night), very tired, shortness of breath (mild), diarrhea (mild), and foggy headed (mild). My wife and mom have been having most of what I had along with low grade fevers and loss of sense of smell. I never had a fever that I knew about and took my temp often.
            We were surprised that the treatment the Dr. recommend when we tested positive was no treatment (unless it becomes a really bad case). Well by then it’s too late in some cases and no other virus, disease, or cancer is treated this way. With everything else it’s early treatment to keep it from becoming bad. The problem with Covid is that there is not a lot known yet so it’s a learning process. Here are some treatments we have learned along the way. I do think my wife would have been in the hospital if we hadn’t started these treatments below.
            Covid-19 Treatments: (Disclaimer: I’m not a Dr.)
            Everything in the below section are adult amounts and can be bought over the counter. Do your own research, pray for wisdom, and consult your Dr. to see if these treatments are right for you. Everyone responds differently. All the vitamins/probiotics can be taken before you get exposed to build up your system. With how contagious this virus is the question isn’t will you be exposed but when.

* Buy a pulse oximeter. (We bought a great one for 25$ on Amazon) If your Sats are less than 90% go to the hospital and get a CXR (chest x ray). Ask for a CBC, D-Dimer, C-Reactive Protein, Ferritin, LDH, Absolute Lymphocyte count and an N:L Ratio. All those things will determine how bad the virus is in your system. If there are prominent coagulopathies in your blood work then you shouldn't be at home, but a simple Pulse Oximeter can pretty much tell you that. Trend your readings often.

* Low dose aspirin daily to prevent blood clots. They’re finding that people that died from Covid had lots of little clots that affected their organs. My wife’s Dr. recommended this and we’ve read multiple studies. Look up the recent studies. Not everyone needs to be on a blood thinner. Talk to your Dr.

* 25-50 mg of zinc a day. We bought on amazon.

* Vitamin D3 - 50 mcg (vitamin K2 helps with D3 absorption. A little magnesium helps as well. The sun is free)
            * Vitamin K2 - 20 mcg

* Vitamin C - 500 mg once a day.

* Quinine (look this up). Can be found in tonic water (quinine has to show in ingredients). approx 6 oz morning and 6 oz at night. More concentrated quinine is available if you buy el guapo/top hat (or similar brand) tonic syrup. We bought tonic water at grocery store. Concentrated syrups on amazon. This is the only ingredient a Dr. told me to be careful on because it can be overdosed on and might have side effects.

* Melatonin — Commonly used to treat insomnia, some studies have suggested that melatonin could also help COVID-19 patients with diabetes and obesity, according to CNN. "The ability of melatonin to decrease viral infections in obese and diabetic patients is attributed to its characterists, such as potent antioxidant effects, improving the endogenous antioxidant system, immunomodulatory, and the strong anti-inflammatory capability," according to researchers from Mansoura University in Egypt.

* Probiotics.

* Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!!! I could write 2 pages on this.

* Take deep breaths hourly and cough a couple times a day to keep your lungs open. Lying prone (face down) on stomache is suppose to help breathing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

popped + aug 4

minimal symptoms endurance took a hit and didn't return for 3 weeks

Advil was helpful

bill

Comment

I had it back in July.......well my whole crew did actually.

I 38 and had a headache and lost taste/smell - took 2-1/2 months to come back and stuff does not taste or smell the same as before, only a slight difference though so its not terrible.

Wife (36) had fever for about 24hrs, body aches for 48hrs, headache and congestion for about 7 days.

Oldest daughter (15) was same as me but with a little congestion

The rest of gang were all asymptomatic from ages 11 to 3

It really does seem to effect everyone differently. I know quite a few people that have had it from all different ages and health conditions. Everyone has been different, even those with significant health issues that didn't have a tough time at all and 2 that are way healthier than me that ended up in ICU for several days. It does seem now that although the number of cases are climbing the severity of them aren't as significant.

Comment

Nope so far I'm good! Wife, kids, and grandkids have all had a bout with bit of fever, sinus problem, and feeling really tired and crappy for a few days up to a few weeks (dil was the only to get tested and she tested positive). I've been on hydrochloroquine for a couple of years for my RA, just added a few things along with it, so far I've been covid free.

Comment

Both my wife and I were lucky to have a mild form. Fever, headache, sleepiness, but no pneumonia (fortunately). After recovering, we started taking vitamins D and C on a daily basis.

Comment

Netflix, water/propel, DayQuil for the day, and NyQuil extra strength to sleep. Tylenol if the headaches got bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Jet skiing and a z pack

Comment

I lost my taste/smell for a few days and was low on energy a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
                            After a couple days of feeling fatigued, a little coughing, and loss of smell and taste I tested positive yesterday. No fever so far but I have been taking Tylenol regularly due to a knee surgery.

I’m 28, fairly healthy, and haven’t had much breathing trouble minus my head being congested.

So, if you had it, what did you do the help out? I’m currently managing it fairly well with NyQuil.
                            Did the same took Ibuprofen for the sinus pressure and occasional body aches. The biggest thing I did was worked in the yard, staying active each day to try and sweat it out. After day 7 or 8 I felt pretty good.

Comment

I'm 39 and in decent shape..

I take vitamins daily anyway but added in some extra C and D. Never lost my taste or smell... First time was literally a cold that lasted a day, second time was like a mild cold for a week.

Comment

Zpac, vitamins, Zach, Dr prescribed me to the the antibody IV. 24 hrs after the IV, I felt great except for fatigue which lasted about 4-5 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X