No announcement yet.

Predator Hunting gun info and WTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been shooting a 220 Swift for years for coyotes but my second choice would be the 17 Remington.

Comment

.204 Ruger is laser deadly and doesn't tear up the pelt.

Comment

22-250
        Ruger american varmint

Comment

I have just about every caliber mentioned here excluding the 220 swift..... My CZ 527 in 204 sees all the action these days while the rest sit the side line. With that being said all the calibers mentioned here are great critter getters in their own right. I have just grown to love the lil 204 & with the single set trigger it's a lightning bolt to 3 hundy

Comment

This thread made me think about how much 204 ammo I had & I remembered not even a full box..... So got on line & scored 5 boxes at $22.00 each..... everything else is sold out everywhere I looked

Comment

A 22-250 is probably the best all around caliber, but for coyote hunting in East Texas the 6.8 SPC is my choice. Most shots are under 200 yards and it will smack hogs or coyotes with authority. The AR platform because you get multiple shots with a twitch of the trigger. The first time you call three yotes in at once you’ll cuss that bolt action no matter the caliber.

Comment

I don’t save pelts so either 22 Creed or 6 Creed for me.

Comment

I have a Model Seven Predator in .223 I’d be willing to sell

Comment

Think about how hard it is to find ammo now...It could get worse..So stay with something not too Rare...Unless you a re-loader them sky is the limit

Comment

I'm going with a .204 this season mainly because I can still get boolits for it, I've got .22 Hornet, .222, and .223 I've got minimal ammo for them, so they're getting benched for back-up positions. Plan to add a 22-250 later just because I want one.

Comment

223 topped with 60 gr VMAX. Ran that load in an AR for years before having APR build a 223 in this years build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll say this for the 223. I’ve put a lot of hogs and coyotes in the dirt with a Hornady 75 Gr BTHP, and I have yet to see any major damage. They all dropped though.

Comment

243 is by far the best. 204 is great when hand loading39 gr blitzking. I run 69 gr berger outbof my 14 twist and it has never let me downClick image for larger version

Name:	20180302_211414.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	24637814

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

22-250 Remington VSSF, all day long !

Comment

MODEL:110 Apex Predator XP  TYPE:Rifle  ACTION:Bolt Action  FINISH:Matte  STOCK/FRAME:Camo Stock  STOCK/GRIPS:Mossy Oak Mt. Cntry Range Camo  SPC FEATURE:Threaded Barrel Model  WEIGHT:8.41 lbs.  CALIBER/GAUGE:204 Ruger  CAPACITY:4 + 1  # OF MAGS:1  MAGAZINE DESC:4 rd. Detachable Box  BARREL:20" Medium Contour BBL  OVERALL LENGTH:40.5"  RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-12  ADDL INFO:ACCU-Trigger  ADDL INFO:Vortex BDC Crossfire 4-12x44  ADDL INFO:EGW 1 Piece Picatiny Rail

Done.. I put the scope on another rifle and upgraded ...
                                But you get the picture.. talk about a blast to shoot
                                Super fast doesn't tear **** up... The 204 is a special round..
                                This thing is a laser with multiple rounds..

Comment

Working...
                                X