Snow Skiing -Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Skiing -Colorado

Looks like the Colorado mountains are getting some good early snow this year with more to come today. We are booked for Keystone, Christmas thru New Years Eve. Can't get here soon enough. I haven't been skiing since my son was born, he is now 6 so I am super excited to get him on the slopes. Last time I went skiing in Colorado they had a bad winter (lacking good snow), hopefully this year is better.

Anyone else going skiing around this time.

Be at Keystone the 29th through the 4th.

Comment

Be skiing Arapaho in feb, my favorite small mountain to ski. Probably hit Utah in there somewhere too, park city I think.

Comment

Going the exact same time and my son is 6, we are going to Purgatory...

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
          Be skiing Arapaho in feb, my favorite small mountain to ski. Probably hit Utah in there somewhere too, park city I think.
          I have never skied A-Basin. We way have to give it a try just a short drive from Keystone

Comment

Snow Skiing -Colorado

I have season passes to Keystone! We may actually be up there for Christmas this year, but not sure yet? My son lives in Denver, and we get passes to wherever he does every year.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
              I have never skied A-Basin. We way have to give it a try just a short drive from Keystone
              It is not for the timid or little kids in my experience, but does get a truck load of snow.

Comment

Ski Colorado a lot. When I lived there, I skied Arapaho Basin in July. Was terrible skiing but did it in shorts and a T-shirt. You guys should have fun. Keystone is geared to families

Comment

Don't say snow skiing when you are up there. LOL. that's about as backwoods Hillbilly as you can get. LOL.

As others have said A Basin is pretty hardcore. If you want to try another mountain that has great family areas and wide open cruisers try Breck. The town is awesome too. Keystone is great as well.

Comment

Y'all boys be careful. I went skiing all the time growing up and into college. Went back in 2017 to Vail and my 40yr old body did not handle the slopes like my 25-30yr old body did. Blew knee out on first day. 3 surgeries and replacement ACL and meniscus and my snow skiing days are done. I did have some gummy bears to ease the pain the rest of my trip. Stay safe and enjoy!

Comment

I'm about to be 51 and still snowboard blacks at a high rate of speed. I don't leave the ground or go into the trees anymore though. LOL.

Comment

I’m 58! The first day is pretty hard on my knees. It’s smooth sailing after that. I still do the trees, but no jumps.

Actually, I can jump pretty dang good. It’s the landing part that gets me in trouble!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          I’m 58! The first day is pretty hard on my knees. It’s smooth sailing after that. I still do the trees, but no jumps.

Actually, I can jump pretty dang good. It’s the landing part that gets me in trouble!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Nice. The main reason I don't like the trees anymore is if I fall in the deep powder it wears me out. It's harder to get back up and going on a board than skis. I mean I'll do it.....just not as much anymore.

Comment

I'll be spending a week in Vail/Beaver Creek for New years and probably another week in February/March

Comment

that's awesome you're getting him started so young...you'll have a blast!! I use to live in Lake Tahoe and was the HR Director for Kirkwood...loved seeing the little ones learn on the hill (they do it quickly too)!!! cheers!!

Comment

Working...
                              X