Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most famous person from your high school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve McMichael from that Chicago Bears team. My uncle Bill Acker played 6 years with the Cardinals, Buffalo, and Kansas City. My dad Jim Acker played 10 seasons for the Atlanta Braves, and Toronto BlueJays. They graduated from Freer High School in the mid to late 70s within 3 years of each other. Pretty cool

Comment

I got you all beat.... My HS is #2 on the list for the most alumni in the NFL. 46 Alumni have made it. Not bad for a small military academy with 500ish cadets.

Under Armour founder Kevin Plank, Gaines Adams, Plaxico Burress, David Huddleston, Eddie George, Vinny Testaverde, Kareem Jackson, Anthony Castonzo, Gen. John T. Chain, the list goes on...
      Last edited by yotethumper; 07-01-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Matthew McConaughey

One year ahead of me, we played on the golf team together.

Still have his Ping putter he broke on the 18th green when he missed a short putt that would have forced a playoff.

Comment

Kirby Wiseman, class of 88 Ellison, killeen.
          Dude didnt go pro because it was not enough of a challenge. He chose to be average and live on average income......anyone can live on millions but it takes a special human being to live on average money

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Kirby Wiseman, class of 88 Ellison, killeen.
            Dude didnt go pro because it was not enough of a challenge. He chose to be average and live on average income......anyone can live on millions but it takes a special human being to live on average money
            My wife went to Ellison. Class of 2003 maybe?

Comment

Aldine high school
              Anna Nicole Smith
              Roger Pavlik of the Texas Rangers
              David Starr that drives in the xfinty series in nascar

Comment

Only ones I know about are actors Gary Busey and Mary Kay Place. Oh, and the couple that birthed the Hanson brothers of mmmmm-bop fame were a year ahead of me

Comment

Graduated with Rodney Crowell, Crosby '68 . .

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                    I got you all beat.... My HS is #2 on the list for the most alumni in the NFL. 46 Alumni have made it. Not bad for a small military academy with 500ish cadets.

Under Armour founder Kevin Plank, Gaines Adams, Plaxico Burress, David Huddleston, Eddie George, Vinny Testaverde, Kareem Jackson, Anthony Castonzo, Gen. John T. Chain, the list goes on...
                    What school is that?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. Fork Union Military Academy. Pretty impressive!
                    Last edited by Burnadell; 07-01-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Y.A. Tittle

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        Matthew McConaughey

One year ahead of me, we played on the golf team together.

Still have his Ping putter he broke on the 18th green when he missed a short putt that would have forced a playoff.
                        SMH in puzzlement. One can only wonder at the level of man love you must have had with your fellow golfer to have kept his broken putter years before said previous owner became famous. I will let my other thoughts about your fascination with his putter remain unsaid.

Not that there is anything wrong with said man love!

Comment

Max McGee

Kelcy Warren
                          Last edited by Burnadell; 07-01-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            Hmm I might say Colton Oldham. you know him?
                            Never heard of her.
                            Last edited by Robert; 07-01-2019, 04:47 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Waltrip high school in Houston. Patrick Swayze, Mark Calaway "The Undertaker," and John Whitmire.
                              Last edited by jdg13; 07-01-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                SMH in puzzlement. One can only wonder at the level of man love you must have had with your fellow golfer to have kept his broken putter years before said previous owner became famous. I will let my other thoughts about your fascination with his putter remain unsaid.

Not that there is anything wrong with said man love!
                                It was a really nice putter

I couldn't afford one at the time, but I could buy a new shaft! (here we go again....)

one of these days, like the rest of my junk, it could be worth something.... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X